10/23 Nissan Pavilion Concert, Bristow, Va

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

10/23 Nissan Pavilion Concert, Bristow, Va

Post by nemesis11f »

This is just a thread for all of those who will be attending the concert on the 23rd, which draws nearer every day. Who has what seat, what they will bring, and such; just a general discussion thread.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

It's a bit less than two weeks away and I'm already psyched. It's odd; I know the setlist, the visuals, songs, and the like but I'm still excited.

I'm a cheapass, so I got lawn seats and intend to bring a footstool and binoculars. I'm NOT going to attempt taping it, as the Pavillion's security is a bit notorious.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

at the Tweeter Center pavillion they werent anal about recording at all! they just let us run in there.....no checks at all!!! too bad i didnt bring my camera thinking they would confiscate it!
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Feel sorry for you man, lawn seats are the pits.

Why didn't you get tickets with the presale like me? I landed ones in section 103, row R. Not too bad at all, I think.

If anyone has been there before, do you think they would confiscate my digital camera? It's small, and certainly not "professional" at all. I would like to avoid calling them up or emailing them.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

I could've gotten better seats, but they were quite expensive and with a lawn position I'd be far enough to see all of the lightshow, Mr. Sheet, and the Pig; I'm not too interested in seeing the band itself (Kilminster is best heard and not seen).
Also, out of curiosity, will security let a simple iPod into the show? (Even the tight security?) It's going to be a hellishly long drive there.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

Tenniru wrote: will security let a simple iPod into the show? (Even the tight security?) It's going to be a hellishly long drive there.
that answer is no. the i pod is becomming a new bootlegging device. there is a hardware on the iPods that allows people to record stuff through a microphone and save it on the iPod. One of the concerts i went to they confiscated my iPod. i had to go through a shitload of security clearances to get it back! its not worth it really. just leave it in the car.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Ah. Damn. (Actually, I was asking partially to see if I could use it's mic port and get a bootleg in case nobody with a better rig and seat didn't; it only does mono, but it's subtle. I have a CD player in the car, anyhow.)
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

Groovybass77 wrote:at the Tweeter Center pavillion they werent anal about recording at all! they just let us run in there.....no checks at all!!! too bad i didnt bring my camera thinking they would confiscate it!
Can't believe they did not check for cameras or other recording equipment. I bought a small, one-time use digital camera and put it at the bottom of my quite small handbag, and put my cell phone on top. When the security guard stopped me to check out my bag, I just showed him my cell phone, and he let me through. I bought the one time camera because I did not want to take my own digital camera and have them take it away, and maybe never see it again. This was at Madison Square Garden, in NYC.

Will be taking my camera today to have the photos developed and put on a disc. I will try to get them shown on the forum; if I can't, I will send them to Keith to see if he can post them.
vera
Knife
Knife

Post by vera »

great can`t wait to see it
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

vera wrote:great can`t wait to see it
The photos with did not come out too well. It was a disposable disc camera and I was high up and at a bad angle. Hopefully, someone else will be able to get better photos.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

For those that cant make the show may I recommend this little beauty instead?..

http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=12233 :D
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

You know, after looking at pictures of the Pavillion and considering how the show is effects-oriented, I'm not going to have that much of a problem with the lawn. The Pavillion has screens dedicated to zooming in on the band, Mr. Screen is large, and I'll have a very clear view of Mr. Pig. Also, the closer I am to the stage the larger the chance I'll wind up with someone trying to yell to Roger (in Virginia, there's an even higher chance of "THINK ABOUT 9/11!").
Since the Pavillion seems to have no problem with a camera, you can expect pictures. If they wind up having a problem when I arrive, I'll leave it in the car and use my phonecam.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

AtomHeartMomma wrote:
Groovybass77 wrote:at the Tweeter Center pavillion they werent anal about recording at all! they just let us run in there.....no checks at all!!! too bad i didnt bring my camera thinking they would confiscate it!
Can't believe they did not check for cameras or other recording equipment. I bought a small, one-time use digital camera and put it at the bottom of my quite small handbag, and put my cell phone on top. When the security guard stopped me to check out my bag, I just showed him my cell phone, and he let me through. I bought the one time camera because I did not want to take my own digital camera and have them take it away, and maybe never see it again. This was at Madison Square Garden, in NYC.
Part of the reason might be that we were all running a little late and there were several thousand people who still needed to get in so they just let everyone stampede towards the pavilion. MA isnt known for their people sneaking in guns and shooting musical geniuses. Im surprised how unworied they were about bootlegs.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

TWO DAYS LEFT!!!
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

I'm gonna be there in 301 row A ..... There will be 8 of us there and then another 8 in 103.... So we should have a good sized tailgaiting going on before the show. I want to bring the digital camera but I'm not sure I want the trouble.... the security there is pretty strict and even though they say camera's are allowed I've waited too long for this show to have my day ruined by fighting with security.
I am very excited and can't keep my mind on work today !!!!