10/23 Nissan Pavilion Concert, Bristow, Va

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

check that, I'm in section 303 Row A ....
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

Word of Advise at Nissan

At Roger's In the Flesh tour the security took so long that many people (including me) missed the opening of the show. I would advise getting to your seat kind of early to avoid that problem again. It wasn't pretty, everyone started chanting "Tear down the wall !!!!"
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Taken under advisement. Thanks.

Man, a bit more than 24 hours until I get to see one of my heroes in person. Amazing.

(If any one sees me - I'll be wearing a green scholar jacket, green pants, and a yellow button down with a vast head of hair - please introduce yourself. It'll be awesome.)
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

I can't believe the concert is tomorrow. I have waited since the presale way back in May for this day. I'm bringing my digital camera, as it is clearly "non-professional", and I highly doubt that they will be that anal. Besides, if I gather that they are being asses, it's small, and can dissapear anywhere on my person.....

I really don't think there will be any trouble, though.

Does anybody know when they will start vending the merchandise? I would like to get it ASAP, and possibly put it back in the car (if they will let you back in), or at least purchase my stuff before it sells out.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Well, today's the day. When is everyone leaving for the show?

Since I'm coming from Rockville, I'll probably leave around 2ish, in case of shitty traffic (which is eternal in the DC area, especially on weekends).
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Being in Sterling a mere 30 miles from the venue, I'm going to leave at around 5 or 5:30. If all goes well we'll arrive with an hour-and-a-half before the show starts, and if all doesn't go well we'll arrive with maybe thirty minutes before the curtains rise. (Does Roger's stage even have curtains?)

Assuming it'll be two hours and twenty minutes of music (assuming he has that click track and nothing has changed since the bootleg I have was taped) and twenty minutes between sets, I'll be headed home by 10:40.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

No curtains. He has a graphic of an old fasioned radio on the screen and music of Elvis and other oldies are played until the show starts. pretty cool way to entertain before the show, good music before good music!
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

I hope the Weather is good for you guys.I'm off the the Pittsburgh show on the 24th and it calls for thunder storms .
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

All I can say about last night's concert is:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Indeed, it was insane. I got some decent photos, but managed to get about 6 songs on video; In the Flesh, Eclipse, Bring the Boys Back Home, Comfortably Numb, Southampton Dock, and The Fletcher Memorial Home. I'll post those up sometime soon.

The Pavilion was incredible, we had great seats in section 103, and the concert was perfect. Kilminster is a genius, he blows away the freak from 2000. Absolutely perfect; if you closed your eyes, it was David Gilmour on the stage. Dark Side was mindblowing; literally. I'll post a complete review with setlist and such later, as I gotta get to my backlogged homework.

****The Merchandise was great, I got two of the Tshirts, one with Waters on the Bass, and the Navy printed Prism tour shirt, as well as one of the excellent programs.

Also, I got one of the signed, numbered lithos they were selling. I know now what euphoria is...... :D :D :D :D :D :D
movement
Axe
Axe

Post by movement »

Well, I was there in section 101. Lots of annoyances, though. Right in front of us were the "we're going to stand the whole damn time" folks and right behind us were the "sit the * down" folks.

They started late, which I guess was good for the folks stuck in security, but was annoying for me who had the foresight to show up on time. Then the intermission was exactly 15 minutes long and no more than 1/3 of the audience was back in their seats during Speak To Me.

Oh, and Dave Kilminster has to go. His on-stage presence, guitar style, and voice are a terrible fit. He was never better than Snowy White and positively butchered Money. The band came dangerously close to putting on a great show, but Kilminster just ruins it.
darkfrost12
Axe
Axe

Post by darkfrost12 »

how did leaving beruit go over?
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

About half and half, really. There was some guy who got up after the "Oh George" lines in front of me, and started screaming, flipping Waters off, and flailing his arms around. He was thankfully led off by security. I know what ya mean about idiots standing the whole time. Dad and I got so pissed, as this drunk fat bitch stood through the entire Dark Side set, jumping, swaying, and waving her arms. She got up for the intermission, and came back a minute into Speak to me/ Breathe with a beer in each hand............. I threw a water bottle at the back of her head. She didn't even notice.

They did start about 20 minutes late though, but the radio stuff was funny. He turned it from Elvis to "Dancing Queen" and within two seconds switched to another station. The entire audience started cheering.

Everyone in the lawn seats were drunk, and everytime the roadies would come out to tune an instrument, they would start cheering like mad and screaming, especially when a guitar was strummed. Ooooohh.....Ahhhhh.

It was funny how people were still just coming in to the show during Set the Controls, even though we started 20 minutes late! To top that off, they all seemed to file in midway through On the Run (which was incredible) after the intermission, all growing more drunk than I think was possible.

Setlist:

In the Flesh
Mother
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Shine on, You Crazy Diamond
Have a Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Southampton Dock
The Fletcher Memorial Home
Perfect Sense
Leaving Beirut
Sheep

Dark Side Set
Speak to me/ Breathe
On the Run
Time
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Any Color You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Encore:
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

***I think I messed up the first set a little. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but I am almost positive that was the order.
movement
Axe
Axe

Post by movement »

darkfrost12 wrote:how did leaving beruit go over?
Pretty well, all things considered. Of course a number of people had already left their seats at that point. Waters was not booed like he reportedly was at other venues. He did seem to be grateful to the audience.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

He was. I remember after the show, he said "you guys have been a really great audience tonight, thank you".
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

Oooh sounds good.I'm going to the Pittsburgh gig tonight .My tickets say you are allowed Camera's ? and 1 plastic bottle of water and not much else.If anyone annoys me tonight I'm going to throw a large handful of dirt at them.The Pittsburgh Steelers are playing at home a couple of hours before the show so I'm expecting some horrific traffic.How much are the T-shirt,Caps and those Litho's ?.I just called the Venue and all digital cameras are allowed as long as they have no pro small,med or large lenses