Waters show from 9-8-2006

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Waters show from 9-8-2006

Post by MadJedi »

well i just listened to and then tossed rogers show from 9-8-2006 in the trash.
absolutely horrble... i could barely make it through the whole show it was that bad. the floyd songs sounded horrible. i now know a floyd tour without gilmour would flop. im so glad i didnt buy tickets to his VA show!
now im not trying to trash him but, damn he sucks in concert. the floyd songs sounded like a coverband was doing them and doing a very bad job at it.... it is really laughable he calls gilmours version a fraud... you cant hardly hear his voice over the backup singers, and all gilmours parts were very badly done. a total waste of blank cds.
this is the worst floyd related show ive ever heard.
my final thought, roger should hang it up... he cant do it good anymore.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Listening to recordings is absolutely nothing like being in the audience and actually witnessing it.

Also, a Pink Floyd tour without Waters would be even worse than ever after Live 8. Without Gilmour it would be quite good, I must admit.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

it wasnt bad IMO
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

I admit its a lot harder to hear Rogers voice in concert (post Final Cut) than David's but imo Rogers concerts are stunning, my advice go and buy the dvd of "In The Flesh" or get the cd/dvd set, you wont be dissapointed.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

well if you get your opinion from one roio of a tour than you probably hate every tour floyd ever did... :lol: :lol:
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

Yucateco wrote:well if you get your opinion from one roio of a tour than you probably hate every tour floyd ever did... :lol: :lol:
floyd had some rough roios, but i just cant get into waters solo stuff...maybe i expect too much...
i have ITF dvd its ok, but i would rather watch any of gilmours voios, to me the are way better and sound more " floydian"
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I would listen to Gilmour solo stuff if I wanted to go to sleep..

I would listen to Waters solo stuff if I wanted interesting music that will keep me awake.
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

Ok for 1 thing I would never recommend In The Flesh DVD ,It has zero atmosphere and the lighting is way to bright It almost looks like a rehearsal.Ive seen Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters tours and they both bring a different attitude to the stage,Dave's is more laid back like the Wish You were here era and Rogers is more of a rock concert like The Wall era.I have had a better experience at Rogers concert due to the songs being a good mix and his solo stuff blows Dave's out of the water ..It's all a matter of taste and I would recommend a ROIO from the KAOS tour or an early Pros N Cons concert with Eric Clapton rather than a later Roio .Also this Tour is the best since Kaos on the Road.I go to see Roger for his Solo stuff as much as the Floyd stuff.Most People go to see Dave because they want to here Floyd songs and not his solo stuff which is yawnsome.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

The In The Flesh DVD was weird for me. The visuals were awful, but it just put me in this trance-like state where I was just so relaxed and intent on the music...there was something about the order the songs were in or something, because they're not the traditional crowd-pleaser "party" songs. They just kept drawing me in and it's a very rare personal thing you get with the artist, which is what I know Roger always wants so it's cool that it worked that way, at least for me. I'd never really experienced a rock concert on a personal level like that (especially not on video)...well other PF home videos (and the Wall in Berlin) have great emotional moments for me, but not that constant "drawing-you-in" over 1 1/2 hours feeling I got from In The Flesh where toward the end you feel like you're finally just one with the artist and hanging on every note....
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

i just listened to the 9/8 show yesterday, and I thought it was pretty good. I went to the 9/6 show and this show was much better. I actually think roger dod a good job. Compare his voice now to the mid-seventies and there's not much difference.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Wha? :shock:
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

I might love this bootlegg so much because i was at the concert :lol:
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

PublicImage wrote:Listening to recordings is absolutely nothing like being in the audience and actually witnessing it.

Also, a Pink Floyd tour without Waters would be even worse than ever after Live 8. Without Gilmour it would be quite good, I must admit.
It's your opinion but I disagree.
ESLAFTK2112

Re: Waters show from 9-8-2006

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:well i just listened to and then tossed rogers show from 9-8-2006 in the trash.
absolutely horrble... i could barely make it through the whole show it was that bad. the floyd songs sounded horrible. i now know a floyd tour without gilmour would flop. im so glad i didnt buy tickets to his VA show!
now im not trying to trash him but, damn he sucks in concert. the floyd songs sounded like a coverband was doing them and doing a very bad job at it.... it is really laughable he calls gilmours version a fraud... you cant hardly hear his voice over the backup singers, and all gilmours parts were very badly done. a total waste of blank cds.
this is the worst floyd related show ive ever heard.
my final thought, roger should hang it up... he cant do it good anymore.
Roger is now a rotten joke
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

Machina wrote:Ok for 1 thing I would never recommend In The Flesh DVD ,It has zero atmosphere and the lighting is way to bright It almost looks like a rehearsal.Ive seen Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters tours and they both bring a different attitude to the stage,Dave's is more laid back like the Wish You were here era and Rogers is more of a rock concert like The Wall era.I have had a better experience at Rogers concert due to the songs being a good mix and his solo stuff blows Dave's out of the water ..It's all a matter of taste and I would recommend a ROIO from the KAOS tour or an early Pros N Cons concert with Eric Clapton rather than a later Roio .Also this Tour is the best since Kaos on the Road.I go to see Roger for his Solo stuff as much as the Floyd stuff.Most People go to see Dave because they want to here Floyd songs and not his solo stuff which is yawnsome.
On David's 1984 solo tour, he only played THREE PF songs. Those were Money, Run Like Hell and Comfortably Numb. He did all of About Face and two or so songs from David Gilmour 1978.

The latter part of the OAI tour, DG moved the three DSotM songs to the opening part of the show so fans would stop crying that OAI was YAWNING! I think the OAI tracks were stellar live, Red Sky at Night in Poland was better than the studio version with the orchestra on stage and Jon Carin could play some lap steel guitar(whereas David played it plus sax on the studio version). Roger's concerts now are just rehashes of what his ex-bandmates did a decade ago.