Wall Live in Berlin and 1980s Wall Concerts

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

On the video, they dub in the prerecorded "Outside The Wall" from The Wall movie, and it plays while the credits run (they may have played the recording through the speakers at the show as well...maybe they just turned up the soundboard on the video at that point).

Also I read somewhere that the Berlin show had a 70mm Mr. Screen, so I think that was the biggest Mr. Screen ever. (The Momentary Lapse tour only had a 35mm one, and I think that's what the Division Bell tour used but I'm not sure.)

At Berlin, he also didn't have that large doll of Pink sitting on the stage during Hey You, and didn't have the inflatable of the girlfriend....
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I dont remember any Outside the Wall at all
not even over the soundsystem
and I was lingering for ages hoping for one more encore
Tide Is Turning was definitely the last song performed

in contrast, the 1987 MLoR tour had ambient music bouncing round the surroundsound speaker system for at least 15 minutes as the crowds slowly left the stadium
I distinctly remember the ambient electronic noises resolving into Good Vibrations and then back into random beeps and chirps, it was pretty witty and almost subliminal
they should release all those ambient concert tapes one day
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Tenniru wrote:...and some backup nazi-dancers.
Do they still do that? my band needs a bit of an image boost you see...
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

J Ed wrote:I dont remember any Outside the Wall at all
not even over the soundsystem
and I was lingering for ages hoping for one more encore
Tide Is Turning was definitely the last song performed

in contrast, the 1987 MLoR tour had ambient music bouncing round the surroundsound speaker system for at least 15 minutes as the crowds slowly left the stadium
I distinctly remember the ambient electronic noises resolving into Good Vibrations and then back into random beeps and chirps, it was pretty witty and almost subliminal
they should release all those ambient concert tapes one day
Yes it would be great to get all these someday :) I know the Division Bell tour ambient tapes were put on the Pulse cassettes...would have been a nice bonus on the DVD since audio doesn't take much space....