Roger Waters in China...

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Aqualung
Embryo
Embryo

Roger Waters in China...

Post by Aqualung »

I've always thought of Roger Waters as a man of principle and integrity and so was surprised to see that China is included in his tour schedule next year.

I hope that when he is there, he remembers that China still occupies Tibet and violate human rights there on a daily basis.
shabana
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Roger Waters in China...

Post by shabana »

Aqualung wrote:I've always thought of Roger Waters as a man of principle and integrity and so was surprised to see that China is included in his tour schedule next year.

I hope that when he is there, he remembers that China still occupies Tibet and violate human rights there on a daily basis.

I don't think Roger punishes his fans for the choices their governments make. I mean he performed all over the US with "Impeach Bush" on the pig's ass! 8)
Aqualung
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Aqualung »

shabana wrote:I don't think Roger punishes his fans for the choices their governments make. I mean he performed all over the US with "Impeach Bush" on the pig's ass! 8)
I'm not saying he should punish anyone. I wasn't aware of the comments printed on the pig in the US (comments with which I agree btw !), but at least he had the freedom to express his opinion. I wonder what would happen to him if he projects images of the chinese army killing firing on defensless Tibetans (as in the news recently)... or even wears a t-shirt with the image of the Dalai Lama !! I know he wont because he's not stupid.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Aqualung wrote:I wonder what would happen to him if he projects images of the chinese army killing firing on defensless Tibetans (as in the news recently)... or even wears a t-shirt with the image of the Dalai Lama !! I know he wont because he's not stupid.
He vandalised that bloody great wall in Israel to keep the Palastinian terrorists out. I am sure he will do similar things in China. I am also sure a little Chinaman will shoot Roger's big pig down out of the sky!!