Bob reference

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
darkfrost12
Axe
Axe

Bob reference

Post by darkfrost12 »

What is with the Bob Barker reference in Too Much Rope? "Each man has his price Bob, and yours was pretty low"
What with his problem with Bob, besides the fact he was a TV host. So that's Yoko Ono, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Stanley Kubrick, Tony Blair, and George Bush Roger has a problem with. And I'd have to agree with him, except for Stanley perhaps.
Last edited by darkfrost12 on Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Well the Stanley thing dates back to him refusing Floyd rights to use one of his films as a backdrop on stage, our Rog doesnt give up a grudge easily!

We dont get Bob Barker here in the UK except for repeats in that bit of Happy Gilmore, which is cool but none of us know why!
Waters Fan 60
Axe
Axe

Post by Waters Fan 60 »

Bob is a game show host The price is right .Here in usa .Contestants play games that include guessing prices of products . The only dirt I know on him is he had an affair with the lead model and got her fired . She sued stuff like that.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

wasn?t that "Bob" Bob Ezrin? I always thought this quote is in the song because Bob Ezrin was asked to produce Radio KAOS but then went to the Floyd camp instead and produced AMLOR...
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I think the Bob Barker scandel happened after ATD anyway didn't it? I don't think it's about him....
darkfrost12
Axe
Axe

Post by darkfrost12 »

oh, I just assumed "your price was pretty low" refered to the Price is Right, but I can definetly see it being about Bob Ezrin :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I thought he said Bob because he was trying to sing in a Bob Dylan voice and for a joke he used that name when it came to picking one
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

I think he must be talking about me. My price has always been low.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

The Bob reference was to Bob Ezrin as Ezrin opted to work with DG and the rest of PF instead of Roger.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

It might also be a reference to J.R. "Bob" Dobbs of the Church of the SubGenius. Roger probably wants his Slack back.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Yeah,definately Ezrin who pulled out of the Kaos producer's chair to work on AMLOIntegrity.I think the Kubrick spat was 'cos Stanley wouldn't let Rog sample the voice of HAL from 2001 on Perfect Sense-fearful of opening the floodgates for lesser mortals appropriating his work.Rog got his own back by using "live" samples at the start of the song on the In The Flesh shows and live album.