rule 8 updates

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

rule 8 updates

Post by Keith Jordan »

I changed rule 8 which said no adertising or promotion. I added the further clause that it only applies for sites where thigngs are sold. Like, come and buy some t-shirts from my site.

If you are sharing your creativity, like music, drawing, poems and the like then please do share on the forum and link to further material you may have.

This rule was changed in honour of our member "dove".
8 - No advertising or promotion of websites, products etc. where the site sells things. Putting up a link to support a point made on the forum is fine as is sharing your creativity on your website, for example.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

(mosespa applauds)
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

I just noticed my post to those absurd things on eBay was removed. I guess we can't make fun of ridiculous Floyd merchandise when we're not selling it ourselves?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:I just noticed my post to those absurd things on eBay was removed. I guess we can't make fun of ridiculous Floyd merchandise when we're not selling it ourselves?
No advertising or promotion of websites, products etc. where the site sells things.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

What if I d'load the picture to my own site and link to the picture? :twisted:

Those things were hideous and must be seen (but seamusz liked them!)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:What if I d'load the picture to my own site and link to the picture? :twisted:

Those things were hideous and must be seen (but seamusz liked them!)
:twisted: Yes, that would be fine. :D
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

I'm a bit confused on the rule Keith, is there a difference from the link that Pugs put up and the links that have been put up on the Floyd T-shirt thread? Just curious.

Also, is there a good free space site that lets you post your own photos so that you can link directly to them?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I dont want the forum to be used as a classified ads board full of things being sold. I want Floyd and other stuff discussed. This is not a shop. The shop ios down the road on the left.

The difference? Pugs site isn't selling anything whereas Ebay does. If she would like to share a photo then that is great. Just dont want the site to become a place where people sell stuff. Discussion is the thing of this forum.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Keith, I think seamusz is referring to the *original* site link I put up which went to the auction site page, not where I have the image stored now.

I have a question about that t-shirt thread too....why is that allowed, then? Is it because the original poster didn't post a link, but was replied to with one?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:I have a question about that t-shirt thread too....why is that allowed, then? Is it because the original poster didn't post a link, but was replied to with one?
I havent noticed the t-shirt thread i dont think. I do not check all the posts all the time. :( :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Right, i see it now. The reason i dont want no adversising is because i dont want a thousand threads started with people goinf ii'm sellign this or i'm selling that. I suppose if somebody said, "have a look on amazon.com. you may find what you are looking for on there" then that is okay.

How to word the rule though? I dont want it to be that tight. I just dont want loads of people selling stuff. Helping somebody else out with a link seems okay to me. But personally selling something is not what I want around here.