Watch Dark Side of the Moon Wembley 74

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Watch Dark Side of the Moon Wembley 74

Post by Keith Jordan »

The Pink Floyd Sound have put up on YouTube an hour long Dark Side of the Moon video with audio from Wembley 1974 in excellent quality with some videos like the projection screen videos from the live shows to watch.

Take a look on the hour at this nice "application" version > http://www.youtube.com/officialpinkfloy ... lpinkfloyd

Or watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tr0Uz2uZU if you cannot do waiting.
ponkine
Blade
Blade

Re: Watch Dark Side of the Moon Wembley 74

Post by ponkine »

Are these the same as DVD?

I always liked screen films with studio versions better, like on Classic Albums DVD
Mokum69
Blade
Blade

Post by Mokum69 »

Keith Jordan wrote:
Or watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tr0Uz2uZU if you cannot do waiting.

Can't thank you enough .
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Its a pleasure. Us and Them from 33mins onwards is just excellent! 8)
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

I think it's awesome that EMI decided to do this! The wavy line effects they threw in were hypnotic and they flowed with the music well. Add in the fact that my cold made me seem fatigued yesterday morning and you'd swear that I was high. I could have stared at those effects all day.

I'm also kicking myself for not putting "Any Colour You Like" on my iPod sooner. This concert made me love that song even more.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Apparently the original gig was filmed as my girlfriend's father worked with a man who was contracted to film the gig. Apparently the BBC got a different company to film the gig. Not sure what happened to that.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I find this page comes in handy in situations like this
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

J Ed wrote:I find this page comes in handy in situations like this
+1
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Am I the only one who thinks that the audio mix/master from "BBC Archives 1974" sounds better than this? The old one had more ambience and sounded more lively. This new mix sounds too dry; it has more clarity but it sounds canned, processed, filtered. While listening to the old mix you feel like you are there in front of the band playing live; this new one sounds more like listening to the band being recorded in a studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHdh4bIHdpA

Great listen though. I guess it's good to have both mixes, the original that was broadcasted, and this more modern remix. They even made Gilmour's voice sound almost like his modern voice.

And by the way, is that new video on 3D? Or is just that they threw around a lot of red and blue hues around the images?
why_att
Axe
Axe

Post by why_att »

And by the way, is that new video on 3D? Or is just that they threw around a lot of red and blue hues around the images?
I beheld the hues, so do I. Indeed, possibly the video is on 3D.
Anyway... I watched this at the weekend and maybe I need hardly say, that was fantastic! I really liked it!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Today's 3D technology isn't based on red and blue lenses anymore, so if it is really in 3D then they are using a pretty primitive technology. Anyhow, I think still have a pair of old red and blue lens goggles somewhere, so I'll give it a try when I get back from work.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Am I the only one who thinks that the audio mix/master from "BBC Archives 1974" sounds better than this?
cannot agree
the 74 soundboard was always problematic in that the guitar and sound effects were too low in the mix
with this version theyre right on top where they belong
course Im just going by this youtube version on crappy little computer speakers so thats nothing to judge by
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Perhaps I didn't choose my words correctly. This new one sounds better of course, it has more clarity and the instruments are more defined, the mix has that extra punch. But it also sounds kinda fake in a way, almost like a studio album. The old one sounded more real.

OK, for people who were left wanting more after Eclipse ends, this was part of the encore that followed next:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F4N388vh0E
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by J Ed »

that I might come to agree with
they do always tend to mix the life out of their live albums, making them sound like studio albums with an overdubbed audience

I did notice Dave shouting out "come on Dick" just before his part in Money
Im sure I never heard that in the wellknown boot, was that an element from the night before?

whats this 3d you people are talking about?
you mean those photos of the band at the recording studio where they seem to have somehow manipulated the planes of depth?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I watched it Sunday night, and really enjoyed it. About those "3D" photos, the Beatles remasters did a similar thing.

I guess there has been some interesting manipulation in the mix somehow. From what I understand, there was some serious manipulation with Nick's bass drum or something. And comparing this to the boot will be interesting for the diehards to teach us, as this is really a mix of two dates, whereas we previously had the one date...

One final thing to say, I haven't listened to that pre-FM boot in quite a while, but something about this release sounds better on some level...