Pink Floyd Forum
Pink Floyd | Pink Floyd News | Blog | Pink Floyd Pictures | Pink Floyd Tour | David Gilmour | Roger Waters | Forum Help | Contact | Pink Floyd Newsletter
Last visit was: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:17 am It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:17 am

All times are UTC

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm 
Blade
Blade

Nick Mason's concert activity is likely inspired by the freshly announced Unattended Luggage box set.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:20 pm 

raisemyrent wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I don’t mind the music being reinterpreted and living on through different people. And I’m certainly not being a purist in that only Gilmour should sing floyd. I’m specifically referring to the out of tune singing which is pretty constant and dare I say unprofessional. Sometimes you need a professional vocalist.

For what it's worth, I agree 100% with you about the singing. I really wanted to like the videos that have been shared online but the only one I've enjoyed is the "One of These Days". That was probably because it's an instrumental. I really like the idea of someone from Pink Floyd revisiting that early part of the band's career and playing those songs live again. I've no strong feelings one way or the other about the band Nick has assembled to play the songs. I just wish they'd taken it a step further and recruited a competent vocalist. Nick and the others in his band have decades of experience in the music business under their belts. Surely between the lot of them, they'd know someone semi-famous they could've asked to do those dates and sing in tune. I can't help but think there's a bit of the "Emperor's new clothes" going on here and that people are turning a blind eye to the deficiencies in these performances because it's Nick who's behind the project.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:31 am 
Hammer
Hammer

Agreed. Really wanted to enjoy the old stuff along with Nick but...felt let down.

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3