MPEG's Online?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
cjbright
Embryo
Embryo

MPEG's Online?

Post by cjbright »

Does anyone know where I can download Pink Floyd MPEG's online? I've managed to find just a few sources, but they are not terribly reliable.
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Kinda difficult to find! MPEGs are usually very large files.

Can you get programs like Kazaa or Emule? I think even mIRC would help, but that's a bit more complex, though not so much.
Or try an FTP client.

I think it's even possible to get files from people you know, through such programs like ICQ and Messenger, but I've never tried that.

You have to be very patient, though; you'll have to resume the dload more than once.
cjbright
Embryo
Embryo

Post by cjbright »

Thanks Tinkerbell - I'll look for the applications you suggested.
Eugene
Axe
Axe

Mpeg

Post by Eugene »

Hi
I have dloaded the full Live at Pompeii in mpeg format with Kazaa (more than 500 Mb).
Also I find more and more Pink Floyd videos from the wall and early performances at BBC and similar.
Last but not least you can find The Wall in Dvx... (708 Mb)

Regards and be careful with that axe...

Eugene.
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

eMule has Pompeii too, and in much more formats, from avi to DivX, if you're interested.
Or you could dload each clip one by one.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Floyd videos 72-75?

Post by ganaffe »

Does anyone know if there is video material available from darkside / wishyouhwerehere / animals shows?
I have the wall stuff and pompeii, but would like some concertvideos from the first half of the seventies.

Ganaffe
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Hm...I remember having found a file on eMule, supposedly from an Animals gig, but since I never dloaded it, I don't know if it was, or what.
I dunno that much about filmed gigs, so I really can't say if they exist at all.
Try a video search there, you'll find much more stuff than on Kazaa, you might have some luck.
andeerik
Axe
Axe

Post by andeerik »

I think there is a lot out there, but it's not easy to find...
What i have found is the wall live from earls court, animals bootleg video, live in venice 89, KQED and some other small video clips...
If you like Syb abit, you can try this link... not sure if the downloads are working anymore...
http://www.syd-barrett.it/stuff/video/index.php

To get an overview of whats out there, try to get some traderslists, they sometimes contains video aswell as mp3/shn files, and then you know what you might find if your lucky
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

I reckon I have pretty much every Floyd related digital movie file available all gotten from various record fairs and also from years and years of downloading with programs such as Kazaa, Winmx and Limewire (real floyd I'm talking about, so not much stuff after the final cut). I'll be acquiring a whole ton of webspace shortly so I'll post them all there. I'll let you guys know when it happens.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

decampos wrote:I reckon I have pretty much every Floyd related digital movie file available all gotten from various record fairs and also from years and years of downloading with programs such as Kazaa, Winmx and Limewire (real floyd I'm talking about, so not much stuff after the final cut). I'll be acquiring a whole ton of webspace shortly so I'll post them all there. I'll let you guys know when it happens.
Thanks decampos, that would be great.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

decampos wrote:I'll be acquiring a whole ton of webspace shortly so I'll post them all there. I'll let you guys know when it happens.
That would be great. I can hardly wait for it to happen... please keep us informed about the progress of your project, i'm certainly looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance,
Ganaffe.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

decampos wrote:I'll be acquiring a whole ton of webspace shortly so I'll post them all there. I'll let you guys know when it happens.
An entire ton? :shock:
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Keith Jordan wrote:
An entire ton? :shock:
Well maybe not a ton. I've got about 4GB of floyd and floyd related movies. Lots of you will have this stuff already. Loads of syd stuff, shows like the KQED one from 1970 (awesome), Home movies of the Hollywood Bowl gig in 1972, bits and pieces from '75 and 77 (live stuff and Mr. Screen movies), the two wall shows wall shows at earls court and Nassau, documentaries, solo stuff from Rog and Dave ... and loads of other odds and sods. I can't post everything at once obviously ... The guy I'm getting the webspace from (my brother) is giving me some grief at the moment but hopefully I can sort this out soon.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

decampos wrote:The guy I'm getting the webspace from (my brother) is giving me some grief at the moment but hopefully I can sort this out soon.
And rightfully so!!! having a good few people downloading 4GB of data is a big drain on bandwidth indeed!!! Those files will be much apreciated by people I am sure!!!

I like files!!
syd67ro
Axe
Axe

Post by syd67ro »

You'll find a lot of Syd related videos here http://madcaplaughs.narod.ru/english.htm