New Guy Sez Hi!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
tom troccoli
Embryo
Embryo

New Guy Sez Hi!

Post by tom troccoli »

Hi All,
Probably like the rest of you, I came in search of the ROIO's, and stuck around 'cause this really IS a verrrry cool site.
In brief, I am 47 year old guitarist who is now a stay at home Dad to my soon to be 3 year old.
I first saw The Pink Floyd (which is how they were billed on the poster) in 1970 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in Santa Monica California. I was living in that city at the time and was able to stroll. or maybe trip my way down to the place.
It was a different world back then. I was able to walk up to the box office and buy my tix on the spot!
The music was so striking and David's guitar playing so insanely deep to me that I have never played guitar the same way ever again.
In the mid 1980's I spent some trime touring and opening for bands like Black Flag, The Meat Puppets and The Minutemen amongst many others. Near as I can tell, I was the first long haired guy to play improvised psychedellic music for a bunch of silly looking mohawks.
I used to attribute most of my stylings to The Grateful dead, but I JUST got a hold of a copy of my first ever Floyd gig, and realized that it was THOSE guys I was trying to emulate all those years.
I am not one of those to openly choose one Floyd over another as I believe Floyd is CONSTANTLY interesting, whether it be the early Abdabs, or the post-Waters Gilmour driven machine.
None the less, as I have recently been made aware of several earlier gigs (figure 1969-1971) I think that may be thewir most ADVENTEROUS period, and I love it!
For additional perspective, I might have to choose 'Fearless' as my all time fave tune, with Wish You Were Here as my fave LP.
Okay, so there you go, post number one! Nine more and I get to learn what the 'secret download' is!
All my best to the group, and thanks tro the administrators for running a really REALLY nice high quality site dedicated to one of my all time fave bands (The Beatles are still number one, gang)!
Tom Troccoli
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

welcome to the NPF forums
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Welcome to the forum!
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Welcome to the site Tom :)
cirilo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by cirilo »

I WILL HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU .....THE BEATLES ARE THE BEST .PINK FLOYD KICK BUTT.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Hey You,

Welcome at the forum
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Hello
madcap69