pompeii dvd

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
bunga
Embryo
Embryo

pompeii dvd

Post by bunga »

:) hello all u floyd freaks out there.i`m from australia and have had the the pompeii dvd since it was released here last month (september) the dvd is great.but don`t expect any new concert footage of the band playing in the pompeii arena as there isn`t any new footage(as maben said in the interview on the dvd all the extra footage was lost )so all the footage is the same as before,the extra footage is of the band members doing overdubs in the studio.but it is still worth buying for the superior sound quality on dvd
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Think i'll have to get surround sound system as i have to listen to dvd through the t.v at the moment.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Contains new footage of the band working on making pompeii movie. Also has additional shots throught the movie which are not in the original movie so it has not just been extended with additioan material of the floyd working.
bladerunner
Embryo
Embryo

Post by bladerunner »

Hi everybody. I recently bought dark side of the moon DVD. I recommend it to everybody.

Regards,
Yalcin
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

bladerunner wrote:Hi everybody. I recently bought dark side of the moon DVD. I recommend it to everybody.

Regards,
Yalcin
Not sure what that has to do with the pompeii DVD but congratulations!! I am still to buy it!! :-)

Echoes is my favourite song!! Watching it performed in 2 halves in the pompeii movie is rewarding to say the least!
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

Ummmmm....that's kinda dissapointing, because I read on Amazon that it has extra interview footage of the band sitting around and telling the interviewer to "cool out..." or summin of that sort...

I'm buying it as soon as it comes on Monday!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO BLOODY EXCITED !
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

RogerWatersGirl wrote:Ummmmm....that's kinda dissapointing, because I read on Amazon that it has extra interview footage of the band sitting around and telling the interviewer to "cool out..." or summin of that sort...

I'm buying it as soon as it comes on Monday!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO BLOODY EXCITED !
It does have extra interview footage with the band been a little cheeky with the director, Adrian!

some dvd stills

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/featu ... ii_artwork

olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Did you ever get to ask the record company if they could send you some promotional clips from it?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

olzen wrote:Did you ever get to ask the record company if they could send you some promotional clips from it?
I am waiting for them :-) Upon you asking, i just sent them another email.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I am so excited. I have a pre-order on the DVD. :lol:
I hope its good.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

It looks wonderful
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Indeed it does look wonderful! Just look at the clarity of this photo below. You can tell when you are watching it that a lot of digital editing and correction has gone into it. The quality is a lot better than VHS. I wonder how it compares to the laser disc? That wouldn't have been remastered and remade i would imagine??

A very sexy shot!! :lol:

princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

Nick Mason looks very sexy
opps

I can't wait
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

AHHH!! This mean's Roger will be clearer.... 8)

And, the scene of him screaming will be clear, and the scene of him banging the gong will be clearer...and many others!!

I"M SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! 1 MORE DAY!

EDITED BY ADMIN - This type of drooling is prohibited by the forum rules as it makes many other users feel nauseous. Please stop.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Today is the day for those in the USA! Hip hip, hooray! ;) Can't wait, going soon to get it---