pompeii dvd

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Because Maben can't leave well enough alone.

I forget the source, but the reason it was shot in 1971 or 1972 and not released until 1974 was because Maben "improved it to death."
Floyd in Texas
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Floyd in Texas »

The color looks enhanced, most of the footage looks so much more detailed. Did anyone notice the first interviews with Waters and especially Gilmour, the voices are slightly sped up, a chipmunk sound. The extra footage is OK, but if they included just a transfer of the video as an extra disc...
Ivan_2068
Blade
Blade

Post by Ivan_2068 »

My cousin is comming from Sidney next week with the DVD, I can't wait.

Iván
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

The chipmunk sound could be explained by old tape, or just thier voices were really that high then. Our voices get lower when you get older. Or, they could of been short for time and had to speed some things up. But what I think, is they were playing tricks with fans like us.... :lol:
LuPlez22
Embryo
Embryo

pompeii dvd

Post by LuPlez22 »

i just watched the pompeii dvd...it was fucking great.... the shots of the ancient ruins parallels to the silence of the amphlitheatre and to the shots of space... i also liked seeing the guys work on DSOTM in the EMI studio at Abbey Road
Ivan_2068
Blade
Blade

Post by Ivan_2068 »

The chipmunk sound could be explained by old tape, or just thier voices were really that high then. Our voices get lower when you get older.
I really believe it's mostly because of the ancient (Last Century technology :D ), because it has the classic hiss and the boosted high tones later covered by Dolby System.

I don't really think their voices changed so much.

Iv
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Although i've had the video for years, the dvd has been well worth the wait for the quality.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

well, I hope they have digitally remastered PF members british teeths. :lol: I dont have DVD player. :(
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Diin Jaffa wrote:well, I hope they have digitally remastered PF members british teeths. :lol:
That's so American of you. :roll: :twisted: :lol:
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

heh. My teeths are definetly not perfect. that damn coca cola. :cry:
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I bought it yesterday for a great price of only ?14.97,and i love the film,i have had the VHS for years,and always loved it,but now it looks so much better,it's so much clearer and the colours are great,it looks like it was filmed this year as regards the clarity,i thought the interview with Adrian Maben was good too,he seemed very honest about his film,i also liked the black and white footage,i thought it was very funny hearing the chat like that,it's great to see and hear them all get on and laugh,because i feel people forget the fact that they were all great mates at one time.
It's a real great film of Floyd history that should be welcomed not complained about.Just enjoy it.
purator
Embryo
Embryo

Post by purator »

Received it few days ago from Amazon...great stuff :!:
benryves
Axe
Axe

Post by benryves »

I bought it yesterday for a great price of only ?14.97,...
You can get it in Woolworths for ?13.99... :)
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

I got mine from CD-WOW.com for ?10.99 (inc p&p) and received it on 15th September! :D