Final Cut

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
gooner265
Embryo
Embryo

Final Cut

Post by gooner265 »

I had this album as a present last year ,played it once and put it away.However couple of months ago gave it another spin and I LOVE it.
It needs a few listens but its a great album albeit a waters album rather than aa floyd album.But i recommend people who discarded it at first to stick with it,you will be rewarded.
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

Its like that with quite a few albums of Floyds...Like, for instance, Atom Heart Mother, I dind't like the title track at first, but, after I put it away for a bit, its become a favourite of mine! The bass line during the Funky Dung part is just FANTASTIC! And its just an interchanging beautiful tune and so are the others of that album...I had the same experiance with Amused TO Death, and no matter how big of a Roger buff I am, I had to get used to his voice and understand a bit more about the meaning of the album...I was 9 when I got this album, and, it was confusing...As I got into my teens, I've been relatiing to it a lot and been listening to it over and over many times.
The Final Cut, though, I've always loved. I have loved it for its beauty in the music, lyrics and the meaning of it to Roger...I love Not now John for its exciting break in the album...And then it calms down to Two Suns which is just gorgeous, esp. the sax solo. And, the whole album I just play and play, especially if I'm alone or sad, I know Roger is out there feeling the same sometimes...Anyway, I'm ranting on...But, its just a brilliant album.

One of my art teachers whom has a husband who loves Floyd, bought The Final Cut for him last week for his birthday...She told me its one of the most beautiful and under rated albums she's heard...And I couldn't have agreed more!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

similar story here, didn't care fot the fc at first, but soon it became one of my favorites!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Same here to be honest. There was one point when i didn't appreciate my syd barrett collection and the thought of those memories knocks me sick with regret and disgust! :?
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

That happens to me. I get so into one era, then go to a different era, its a never ending cycle. Now I'm on Broken China ;)
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

The first time I listened to The Final Cut, I immediately listened to it again... and again... and again... I don't know how many times I listened to it that first "time", but it intrigued me to no end... I caught something new and different the first few times, and I still love it.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

it took me some time to get into some floyd albums, but somehow Final Cut was one of those albums i got and listened to it all day. I loved it from the very first moment i got it. Maybe because it was different from nearly everything i had heard before, maybe because it was one of my first floyd albums (i only had Dark Side and Wall at that time...).
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

Ha ha..speaking of...since I replied in this thread las tnight, I put The Final Cut on, and it been on for about 24 hours or more...ha ha!
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

The first songs are definitely not my favourites. With one of the few it was getting interesting and the rest is very good. My favourite is the final cut.
Eugene
Axe
Axe

Post by Eugene »

For me was exactly the same
Shine on
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

I hate the album. I've tried to like it, but I can't, because I just find the music on it utterly boring and uninspiring... And no, I don't care how good Waters' lyrics are on it.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I love the song the Final Cut
it makes me cry
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Yeah when i first heard The final Cut i was dissapointed. But now i think its amazing i love "the finl cut" and "your possible pasts" . lol i even like "Not now John". Its a beautiful album!
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Prkl wrote:I hate the album. I've tried to like it, but I can't, because I just find the music on it utterly boring and uninspiring... And no, I don't care how good Waters' lyrics are on it.
My feelings exactly.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

I feel the same as most of you: It took me a few tries to get into it, but it's now one of my favorite albums of all time. It's not just that the lyrics are incredible; it's how Roger delivers them perfectly. And as people point out here every now and then, there really is some excellent music on the album.