Final Cut

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Pinkpig21
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Pinkpig21 »

I'm starting to like it more myself. I just saw the Not Now John video. I thought it was pretty cool, but I don't understand it for the most part. :lol:
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

My favorite song from TFC is Gunners Dream... Simply Glorious!
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Prkl wrote:I hate the album. I've tried to like it, but I can't, because I just find the music on it utterly boring and uninspiring... And no, I don't care how good Waters' lyrics are on it.
Agree... sadly, but still, only thing I like on TFC is the art-work. I have tried to listen several times but still I don't like it. Actually it might be the only Pink Floyd -album I don't like.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I think it's an incredible album.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Think i'm like most people. Took a time to get into it.
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

JML wrote:Agree... sadly, but still, only thing I like on TFC is the art-work. I have tried to listen several times but still I don't like it. Actually it might be the only Pink Floyd -album I don't like.
Funny... The artwork on FC is my least favorite. :-s
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

zolly wrote:Funny... The artwork on FC is my least favorite. :-s
Well the front cover is quite weird but at least in the cd-version those lyrics and pictures are quite simple and beautiful...
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Like i said in another thread somewhere on this forum: TFC works like therapy for me.

When i'm in any state or form of mental dysfunction, i put TFC on. It always works. Everything up to 'Not Now John' makes me realize what a miserable idiot i am. After that 'Not Now John' is something like a cathartic kick in my face which tells me to get a life. And then 'Two suns in the sunset' makes me somehow slip back to reality.

Besides that i have to admit i hardly ever listen to TFC. It's up to you to guess how often i need therapy :shock:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

well the artwork.... if you have the "old" cds its just the normal cover and in the inside the lyrics in a very hard to read writing on white pages... no pictures, no art, nothing.

Btw, i agree completely with your signature JML 8)
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Yucateco wrote:well the artwork.... if you have the "old" cds its just the normal cover and in the inside the lyrics in a very hard to read writing on white pages... no pictures, no art, nothing.
I have the one with black pages and white writing and pictures of flowers and like that.
Yucateco wrote:Btw, i agree completely with your signature JML 8)
Tequile is only thing I drink when I'm in bar. I love that smooth taste. :) [/quote]
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Worst cover me thinks.
x-rays
Axe
Axe

Post by x-rays »

I think you need to have a special state of mind to like this album, be like Roger Waters... You must take all about war, sad love, suicide into you. I understand that some people could not like it at all. David Gilmour, e.g., even if it hadn't been planed and performed in conflicting conditions under Roger's dictatorship wouldn't like TFC after all. It is very good to listen when you feel a bit depressed - not too much, it would be too dangerous :) , contrary to David's songs such as Blue Light which are very happy.

Besides politic satire against Thatcher is something funny in this album, sometimes quite difficult to understand, though. It can be seen in the great 4 video clips which have been released to promote the album.

To me, the atwork is great: see the LP! (black, white and red: my favorite colours!) The front cover isn't weird any more and the (big) photographs (colours, and so on) are simply beautiful, like the film's pictures.

By the way, I admit it's a difficult album, but it it was easier for me to get into it than into 'Amused To Death'...
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

I love The Final Cut. There are many great songs (The Gunner's Dream, The Final Cut, The Fletcher Memorial Home, Not Now John, Two Suns In The Sunset). I actually like The Hero's Return, One Of The Few, Paranoid Eyes and Your Possible Pasts too. Southampton Dock and Post-War Dream are nice, but not my favourites, GYFHOMD is tolerable.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

If the worst thing you can say about this album is that the cover art sucks...that's still not doing too bad for the album, eh?
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I want Gunners Dream played at my funeral... :o