Got your European Rog Tour Tix yet??

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Got your European Rog Tour Tix yet??

Post by drafsack »

Got your Ticket yet?? The show looks good but with less and less Rog input, apart from him wandering around the stage chest thumping, I'm gunna give this tour a miss for the first time ever since 1984. There is also a risk that if you end up with the wrong tickets and all you will see is the back of the band heads and Rog visiting your quarter of the stage for 1 or 2 songs. On top of that Rog has turned back to the A** hole he was in the early 80's so with a heavy heart but heavier wallet I'm sitting this one out
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Got your European Rog Tour Tix yet??

Post by Keith Jordan »

Same here. I'm done with Roger Waters.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

It's just the same old Roger, just as bitter as ever. You are just finally seeing as he really is.
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

The alien anthropologists will be here soon.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Folks, you should go and see him.

Some of the new arrangements of the Old Pink are simply amazing. "Have a Cigar" has some spunk, a vicious modern groove with an extended guitar solo at the end, and a proper musical end to the song (Waters sings it). They also play the second part of "Shine On" (not the first), with the extended sax solo from the ending of the first half grafter at the back (it works very well). I won't give out too much, but the Sheep is now flying, and it is a huge untethered inflatable drone, performing acrobatics across the area just above the audience :D

And yes, he did call Joe Biden "a warmongering fucker who will kill us all" for deliberately blowing into the winds of war in Ukraine until they reach a nuclear stage just before "Two Suns in the Sunset" but hey, that is Roger, nothing new there. He filled out every seat in the US regardless.

Last but not least, European and UK concerts are next summer, and in 2023 he is turning 80. This, most likely, is the last tour ever.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Got my tickets... I guess I would not forgive myself to not go and see one of the Floyds one last time.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

I won’t pay to watch people mime, walked out of an Ian brown concert last week because he was doing karaoke
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Second show added to London - some suckers must be buying them
KwQ
Embryo
Embryo

Post by KwQ »

Hadrian wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:14 pm This, most likely, is the last tour ever.
Buhahhahahaha, says Ozzy :D
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Efforts are now underway to cancel Roger, and prevent the upcoming European leg of the tour in the spring and summer.

Picked this up in the news today:

Members of the Munich city council, a coalition of the SPD and the Green Party, are seeking to prevent Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters from performing his This Is Not a Drill show at the city-owned Olympiahalle on May 21, 2023. Advance sales for the concert have already begun.

Munich Mayor Dieter Reiter (SPD) declared he was very irritated to learn that the city-owned Olympia Park company had awarded its rooms to Waters, and that he had had no knowledge of the move. Reiter called on the company to review and reverse its decision. The city’s deputy mayors, Verena Dietl (SPD) and Katrin Habenschaden (Greens), expressed similar views.

Cancelling the hall, which has over 15,000 seats, would be tantamount to banning Waters from performing in Munich, under conditions where no comparable facility is available.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Hadrian wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:00 pm Efforts are now underway to cancel Roger, and prevent the upcoming European leg of the tour in the spring and summer.

Picked this up in the news today:

Members of the Munich city council, a coalition of the SPD and the Green Party, are seeking to prevent Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters from performing his This Is Not a Drill show at the city-owned Olympiahalle on May 21, 2023. Advance sales for the concert have already begun.

Munich Mayor Dieter Reiter (SPD) declared he was very irritated to learn that the city-owned Olympia Park company had awarded its rooms to Waters, and that he had had no knowledge of the move. Reiter called on the company to review and reverse its decision. The city’s deputy mayors, Verena Dietl (SPD) and Katrin Habenschaden (Greens), expressed similar views.

Cancelling the hall, which has over 15,000 seats, would be tantamount to banning Waters from performing in Munich, under conditions where no comparable facility is available.
The already tried that in 2018 and failed. They won´t suceed this time either.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Tickets for Manchester are on sale tomorrow and I'm now debating getting some!
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Yucateco wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:55 pm The already tried that in 2018 and failed. They won´t suceed this time either.
I am not surprised by all the political flak of 2022 - but why in 2018?
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Keith Jordan wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:15 pm Tickets for Manchester are on sale tomorrow and I'm now debating getting some!
You'll regret it if you don't. By the looks of it at the moment, it might be the last solo concert of his career.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Hadrian wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:40 pm
Keith Jordan wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:15 pm Tickets for Manchester are on sale tomorrow and I'm now debating getting some!
You'll regret it if you don't. By the looks of it at the moment, it might be the last solo concert of his career.
I saw Rog when he was good. Why would I want to dilute those memories with the ranting old man he has become