Roger Re records Dark Side

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Roger Re records Dark Side

Post by Keith Jordan »

I guess he is waiting to see if anyone is interested before announcing an arena tour for it! :shock:

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/roge ... on-in-2023
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

makes sense if he does decide to play his redux versions of his songs next year
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Reminds me of Badalamenti's theme music for Twin Peaks.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

Yeah

Got a great seat for it🤗
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I thought briefly about it, and see that there is a (new?) date on the Monday too. But, the cheapest ticket I can see now is £317 and change. Too much for me. I presume it will be filmed. But, otherwise, I won't be there at that price.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

The Palladium site prices were more reasonable compared to rip off Ticketmaster's current prices when i looked after they went on general sale.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I've made several attempts to buy tickets for major acts recently, and all have failed. I think I might be past major acts now. So, I might be limited to smaller and younger acts whose voices still work.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

I have wembled greatly about this release.

But a side of original music.

Fine Roger.

Take my damned money.

Arsehole.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/roge ... tforms-now

You can now listen to Roger Waters’ Redux version of Time from his forthcoming The Dark Side of the Moon Redux on streaming platforms like Spotify, YouTube below and others. It joins Money which was released recently.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Tried to listen to the Money redux. Can safely say I will not be listening to the full album when it comes out. Bloody hell.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Did better this time! Managed to listen to up to four minutes of it. You know that moody introduction? The alarm clocks? The backing vocals? The Rick Wright part? The assertive Dave Gilmour vocal? The wonderful Dave Gilmour solo?
Gone. Gone. Gone. Gone. Gone. Gone. The only funny thing is the way Waters says "Reason" in a choked manner in his opening poetry bit. Otherwise. It's more listenable than his Money redux.
I thought I had more nicer things to say.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

The more I hear of this project, the less enthused I am for this project.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Love it or hate it, this one is making music history - I am not aware of anyone else who had a chance to redo a musical work he (co)authored 50 years later. And a reimagining indeed it is. Based on "Money" and "Time", this will be entirely iconoclastic (as it should be, otherwise there is no point). Conceptually it is brilliant, even if you dislike the end result (and I don't, based on what I heard so far; I am not in love with it, but it is growing on me).

That, in itself, is worth the vinyl for me.

Speaking of vinyl, double LP versions of the redux album have "an original composition" (no title yet) as the D side (second record). I first thought that this must be "The Bar", but the description states a composition inspired by the reworking of the album, so it might be something else entirely. The track is 13 minutes long. This is LP only, it will not be included on the CD or digital versions.

Interesting times ahead.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

From an interview he did with The Daily Telegraph:
It's my project and I wrote it ... Let's get rid of all this 'we' crap!
The intense disrespect this pays towards the rest of the band is unreal. He wrote the lyrics, of that there's no question. But David, Rick and Nick had a huge amount to do with it too. For God's sake, there are two tracks on the album for which Roger doesn't have a writing credit - one of which is an incredible jam instrumental, the other a tape collage assembled by Nick that Roger has tried to take credit for after the fact.
And this is to say nothing of everyone else who made this album what it was. Would Dark Side have been the masterpiece it was if not for Dick Parry, Alan Parsons and of course, Clare Torry?
The Dark Side of the Moon was a team effort, Roger. Cope.
Also in the same interview he doubles down on his Putin apologist bullshit as follows:
Yes, an article I wrote about three months ago calling Vladimir Putin a gangster… That may have been unfair... It may be that he’s leading his country to the benefit of all of the people of Russia.
So I have literally no reason to ever listen to another word this man says in his life.