Lockdown Sessions Vinyl

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
battra
Knife
Knife

Lockdown Sessions Vinyl

Post by battra »

Did anybody:

1. Listen?

2. Preorder this shiz?

Mine arrives on the morrow, sadly I'm on the east coast, but will give a spin on Sunday.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Lockdown Sessions Vinyl

Post by Annoying Twit »

I'm happy to listening to the Lockdown Sessions online (legally). I suppose I'll get around to buying a CD at some time. But, it's not going to get me back into vinyl again.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

My CD arrived yesterday and I listened twice this morning on a car journey. The pace is a bit too slow for me and I may have to rip to hard drive and then play back at 120% or perhaps 150% :-;
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

On the last track of side one now, Vera.

Gotta say, yes, the pace is plodding...cannot deny that, but it's a nice change of pace.

The vinyl pressing is far past amazing. It rivals my Japanese pressings in quality. Amazing.

(I got home earlier today than expected. We're back in the house in the middle of the midwest.)
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

I got the vinyl version - wonderful record, and it sounds great on the turntable. Very strange album, not even sure how to classify it - very Roger Waters in that regard.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

Hadrian wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:46 pm I got the vinyl version - wonderful record, and it sounds great on the turntable. Very strange album, not even sure how to classify it - very Roger Waters in that regard.
yeah.

I have no idea what it is really, only that it's truly inspired.

I cannot think of another album I have that's re-recorded tracks that I've enjoyed as well as this one.