Another mystery revealed?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Batchain115
Axe
Axe

Post by Batchain115 »

Meddler wrote:Next album should be called "The End" ;) jk... Pretty interesting though.
All this stuff and I thought I was being a little too "out there" when I first heard "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" open up with the sound of a boat being rowed through water and began thinking, "Does this really mean 'The Parting of (the) Waters'?" :shock:
Well, I won't completely dismiss that as a possibility.

Batchain115
Silenceinthestudio
Embryo
Embryo

I FEEL BETTER

Post by Silenceinthestudio »

I really do feel better...

I'm a huge Floyd FREAK that finally decided to sign up with the Neptune forum...and man, you guys are all nuts about these in's and out's...

Just like me...

....and I do think that much of the mysteries are pre-meditated.
Just look at their history with architecture within the making of their music. They were ALWAYS looking to plug outside influence and thought (besides musical) into their music to invoke...

...and they know that WE exist...

I was at the ENIGMA show in Jersey 94'... When I saw it flash up on the lights below the stage (I was in the upper deck) I was convinced that they're very aware of the questions their little visual/musical games conjure up.

The "Signs" water = Waters leaving (hell yeah, I believe that)
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Silenceinthestudio, I look foward to your future posts... :o
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Hell, yeah....

All this talking of reaching new levels makes me think of a video-game... Maybe we should release one which reveals the big theory behind the Publius Enigma :wink:
Silenceinthestudio
Embryo
Embryo

cool

Hey...I've really never read a straight answer about it, and I've been wondering for so long now how far people have come to understanding the Publius... thing. Has anyone ever given a good/widely accepted/believable explanation as to what it all means/stands for/explains/etc.?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

As far as I can tell, there are two schools of thought on the current status of the Publius Enigma...

A.) It's been solved and nobody's heard about it

B.) It remains unsolved and nobody really cares anymore

I'm in agreement with the notion that it was all a record company ploy to sell more records.

Pink Floyd have always had this mysterious air about them and the whole media battle over the name reduced the amount of anonymity the band members had, so SOMETHING mysterious had to be devised...that's just the way I see it, though.
Batchain115
Axe
Axe

Post by Batchain115 »

mosespa wrote:As far as I can tell, there are two schools of thought on the current status of the Publius Enigma...

A.) It's been solved and nobody's heard about it

B.) It remains unsolved and nobody really cares anymore

I'm in agreement with the notion that it was all a record company ploy to sell more records.

Pink Floyd have always had this mysterious air about them and the whole media battle over the name reduced the amount of anonymity the band members had, so SOMETHING mysterious had to be devised...that's just the way I see it, though.
"B" is the closest. Now that it doesn't matter anymore. Really just seems like a ploy that did its job and you'll never hear another thing about it. :x
Silenceinthestudio
Embryo
Embryo

It's such a shame, really

Because it COULD'VE been a great mystery with a really enlightening ending.

Maybe if Roger was involved there would've been more depth and meaning to the "mathematically technical difficulties" that Gilmour & Co. thought was the heart of the enigma.

Roger probably wouldn't have wanted to do something so hard to understand anyway. He's into deep thought, but I feel as if he wanted all of his "later" messages to be understood clear as a bell. So no one WOULDN'T get it. As if the thoughts/opinions he was trying to get across were too important to him to risk being misunderstood.

Damn, they do need each other

Well, thanks for bringing me up-to-date, guys
(even with such a dead subject!)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

This is some crazy s*#@. Me, I don't have the patience for these things (perhaps because I haven't smoked a joint in a long time and when I get drunk I don't write). However, I'm glad somebody's into it. The logic is quite reasonable. Yeah, I mostly fall into a I don't care anymore it was a silly ploy with the Enigma Publius thingy (wot's it again?). But you are damn right that I will want to know when the truth is revealed. I am indeed a sucker for this afterall.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Im sure :)

"The biggest mystery has yet to be solved, and yet to be discovered..." -Skylor Blackwell
Silenceinthestudio
Embryo
Embryo

Hmmm?

You sound as if you know something, Meddler?!
hehe

Maybe someone'll "get it" one day

I want a full synopsis!

They should finish off the riddle (or whatever you want to call it) in the next album...
::scanning the area for skeptics::
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

the answer's 42
we just never found out what the question was
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

rollinder wrote:the answer's 42