TINAD Full Argentina River Plate Stadium Multicam on YouTube

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Juliano Terterola
Embryo
Embryo

TINAD Full Argentina River Plate Stadium Multicam on YouTube

Post by Juliano Terterola »

Hey guys! I'm new here, I'm Brazilian from Porto Alegre and I was attentive to Waters' shows in Latin America. I was fortunate to see him live in Porto Alegre and Montevideo (Uruguay). The show was adapted a little to be performed on this continent, from technical issues of the stage (which was no longer a cross) to kind of censorship issues, as Waters cannot use the traditional Nzi uniform in In The Flesh. Any curiosity involving this, you can ask me.

Returning to the title of the post, if you allow me, I would like to share a video that I edited and published on YouTube with the complete THIS IS NOT A DRILL show in Buenos Aires, River Plate stadium. The show was broadcast live and is also available on an Argentine streaming platform called FLOW. Some people copied and posted the full Flow show on YouTube in high quality, but they are not staying long, as Flow itself has been asking YouTube to remove these videos. However, I took advantage of this audio track and collected a lot of audience footage and recreated the show practically in its entirety. The result is in the following link:

https://youtu.be/8E8iUq_knAY

This YouTube channel where the video is is mine, and I have already published the Prague show fully subtitled. Now I'm working on the subtitles for this show in Argentina. The work of translating into Portuguese and Spanish is essential for the public around here to experience an even greater immersion in the show. And, damn, what a dense and complex show... It was worth every penny!

Well, finally, and in order not to make this text longer than it already is, I would like to ask for help from anyone who could transcribe the modified lyrics that Waters sang in The Bar at this show. I'm specifically talking about the section between 33min 45sec and 36min 02sec. There are some very specific words that I couldn't understand, maybe native speakers of the language can.

TIA, and sorry again for the long text.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: TINAD Full Argentina River Plate Stadium Multicam on YouTube

Post by Yucateco »

Thanks for that, looks great!
Juliano Terterola
Embryo
Embryo

Thanks a lot!
Anyone watching, notice that in "In The Flesh", instead of the traditional uniform, flags and symbols, he wore a straitjacket, and on the screen, prison bars were projected. Both can be interpreted as a protest, an artist sedated, tied up and arrested, prevented from expressing his work around here.

I don't know how if the news resonated outside of here, but Waters was boycotted in hotels in Uruguay and Argentina, due to his recent stances in defense of Palestine. On the day of the show in Montevideo, for example, he flew from São Paulo, Brazil, as he couldn't find a nearby hotel to stay. In the show there's a moment that he talks about it.

And just remembering, if anyone could help me with the transcription I mentioned at the opening of the post, it would be greatly appreciated!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

If I'm understanding your request correctly:

Raytheon is a defense contractor with a location in Kalamazoo, Michigan (US.) They stand accused of manufacturing some kind of weapon that took out a bus full of children in Yemen.

That's pretty much what that entire verse is about.

EDIT: Also, as a video editor, you did an excellent job of assembling this stuff.
Juliano Terterola
Embryo
Embryo

Wow, thanks! So happy to read this... It took me a lot of work, as you can imagine, and it was the first time I tried this multicam editing, and I really enjoyed doing it! :D

About my request, I aim to translate and subtitle 100% of the video, but there are a few verses (perhaps a few words) in "The Bar" that I haven't caught yet. I got the Raytheon context, but I'd like to get the most closely word by word of the lyrics he sung to subtitle the video correctly.

This is the fragment of the song and I put some ??? in the lines I'm in doubt and I'd like some help to identify the exact words...

---
You can help them
build the bomb at Raytheon
But they are all settle on Kalamazoo
And some crazy motherfckers
bound to drop it on
The busload of kids going to school
You can hold up your hand and deny (?)
And justify the choices in your head
Just and innocent calling (?)
Just doing your job
While the little yemeni kids
will steel to death
When I’m drinking my
coffee in the morning
And I read about all this yemeni shit
I can’t help feeling bad
For that .... (????)
To the bus that just been hit
So a monday when you
walk in to the factory again
And I’m frightened when
you pick up your .... (???)
You'll be seating on the court site (?)
Like the .... (???)
But with no boy to put its arms
round daddy’s neck.
---

For those who are reading now, this is a piece of new lyrics sung in the song The Bar at the Argentina 2023 show. Maybe this verses will be present in the music to be recorded on the new album soon, maybe not.

Tks again!
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

You can help them
But they will sell it on Kalamazoo
bound to drop it on
You can hold up your hand and deny (?)
Just an innocent calling (?)
Just doing your job
will still be dead
When I’m drinking my
coffee in the morning
I can’t help feeling bad
For that grieving foreign dad (????)
So a monday when you
And I’m frightened when
you pick up your chick (???)
You'll be sitting on the curbsite (?)
Like the bicycle thief (???)
round daddy’s neck.

This is what I hear, but I am no native english speaker either. Last six lines seem to reference the movie Bicycle Thief (Ladri di biciclette) by Vittorio de Sica. Isn´t there an option on Youtube to transcribe lyrics automatically? Maybe that would help.
Juliano Terterola
Embryo
Embryo

Hey, great improvements in many lines, thank you!
Some words I'm not quite sure yet.

"Dad" in "grieving foreign dad"...
The pronunciation sounds to me something with two syllables, very close to "ahead" maybe, but something that makes sense in the context... the next line starts with "to the bus", so it needs to be something that connects "to the bus..."
Although "grieving foreign" part sounds correct to me...

Another part I'm not sure is "And I’m frightened"... it doesn't make too much sense to the first person (the singer) to be frightened. So for now, I'll consider "And all frightened"... that at least seems to make more sense. The person who will pick up his chick is frightened, and then in the next lines the lack of the chick is revealed...

Anyway, here's the version at the moment:

You can help them
But they will sell it on Kalamazoo
bound to drop it on
You can hold up your hand and deny
Just an innocent calling
Just doing your job
will still be dead
When I’m drinking my
coffee in the morning
I can’t help feeling bad
For that grieving foreign dad (dad?)
So a monday when you
And all frightened when
you're picking up your chick
You'll be sitting on the curbside
Like the bicycle thief
round daddy’s neck.

To anyone interested in, here is the link to the exact moment of the video we are digging on...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E8iUq_knAY&t=2021s
Juliano Terterola
Embryo
Embryo

BTW, about the "auto transcribe"... on YouTube, I don't know why, but I was not abble to use it.
I tried the same feature inside Adobe Premiere. If you're ready to laugh, here it goes:

You can help them build a bomb at here. But they are it down. Kalamazoo. Some crazy motherfuckers bound to drop it on a busload of kids going to school. You can hold up your hand. And now and justify the choices in your chest and in a son just doing your job. But the little Yemeni kids will still be.

And I'm drinking my coffee in the morning and I read about all these Yemeni shit. I can't help feeling bad for them breathing fire and to the bus that's just been so money. When you walk in school, the fact you get and I'm frightened when you're picking up your hair. Me sitting on the curb. Sam, in like the bicycle, the boat with no boy to put his arms round. Daddy's make.

:shock: :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

"just an innocent cog," is what I hear.

And "Dad."

Also, "pick up your check," not "chick."
Eclips
Axe
Axe

Post by Eclips »