Pink Floyd and...Robert Plant?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Pink Floyd and...Robert Plant?

Post by floydboy75 »

Ok, silly question: Has Robert Plant ever sang "Shine On" with Floyd, any members of Floyd, or just sang a cover of it?
The reason why I'm asking is b/c a guy I work with was telling me he heard this before. I told him I've never heard of such a thing and that I highly doubt it. But that I would check it out this weekend.
Personally, I think he was listening to a cover of it sang by someone who sounds like Robert Plant.
Anyone have a definite answer?
Brian
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

im not aware of it.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

A lot of this kind of stuff is floating around in p2p networks. But it's all fake, if you ask my opinion. If you search long enough you can download a live version of Echoes performed by Nina Simone and the Prodigy...

Some people just like to play around with wave editors to much. Just people who have nothing better to do. They should join a Pink Floyd forum, or something :lol:
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

ganaffe wrote:A lot of this kind of stuff is floating around in p2p networks. But it's all fake, if you ask my opinion. If you search long enough you can download a live version of Echoes performed by Nina Simone and the Prodigy...

Some people just like to play around with wave editors to much. Just people who have nothing better to do. They should join a Pink Floyd forum, or something :lol:
I agree. I've searched p2p networks before and found versions of "Numb" from 1994 w/ Roger when really what it is, is the version from Pulse. I even downloaded a version of "ABitW pt2" which said was a cover by Pearl Jam (just to have a listen) when all it was, was Pearl Jam singing "Jeremy".
I'm pretty positive there is no such recording of Floyd and Robert Plant, but I told this guy I would ask on the slim chance that I was wrong.
Thanks!
Brian
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Well, it is still possible that something like that exists. Anything is possible, but most of it is not real...

I once downloaded a track which was supposed to be zep and pink floyd jammin' together on some song, i believe it was Stairway...
What I got was track of a cover band playing zeppelin songs, i think their name is "great white" or something, and a very amateurish mixed-in dave-like guitarsolo.
I think this is very amusing: Somewhere on the world there is this guy sitting in his attic, thinking he is Dave Gilmour and playing along with cover versions of songs like Stairway To Heaven, recording his cheap solos to make us believe that Pink Floyd and zep did a jam together

:)
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I SERIOUSLY doubt that they did anything together- David's a charitable guy, and all, but I think your original theory sounds pretty plausible, Floydboy....
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Seriously doubtful. If anything, I hear they were pretty friendly with the Who... perhaps there were private jams...I could even imagine PF jamming other people's songs as a warm up or something...
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Haven't heard anything about this before.Sorry