Question for British Fans...

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Dydion
Axe
Axe

Question for British Fans...

Post by Dydion »

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I have heard that Britain is more considerate when it comes to assistance for those who are hearing-impaired. Does the PAL/UK release of the new DSotM DVD offer English subtitles or closed captioning for the interviews and such? From what I've read on the case of the American R1 release, there is neither on this DVD so I won't buy it. I am hearing impaired to the point where I need subs or cc for everything verbal on TV or DVD. Music comes across fine, however...

Also, I think a PF documentary came out a couple of months or so ago. Does this have subs or cc?

I bought the Brazilian DVD of Pompeii so I could have it early, but also because it had English subs on it. I love it and am eternally grateful to the producers of this DVD for including English subs! [-D-]

Thanks!
andeerik
Axe
Axe

Post by andeerik »

Well I'm not Brittish, but both my DsotM and The Pink Floyd & Syd Barret Story is bought in London, and they have subs, but not in English. It says like this on the cover.
Dark Side : french, dutch, italian, german, portuguese and spanish
Pink Floys story: french, dutch, german, and spanish (castillian)
...as I said, not english.....
Dydion
Axe
Axe

Post by Dydion »

:x

Thanks for the reply...I guess the DVD powers-that-be figure all us English-speaking ppl can hear perfectly everything in English...HOH people be damned. I have read a LOT of posts in A/V forums about people who are NOT HOH and like to use subs or cc.

That hurts, but it's not unexpected. I can just see them chuckling over their cigars (or mirrors and white lines): "After all, those DVDs are about a music band, right? and if ppl can't hear right anyway then the hell with 'em. Which one's Pink, anyway?" :)
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Well good thing you can hear music fine!!!!