Should we...

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Should we have a top thirty Floyd songs list?

Yes
68%
No
23%
Probably
10%

Total votes: 31

ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

ganaffe wrote:Great idea, but why shouldn't we do this with all their songs? Every day a new song to exchange thoughts and views... sounds cool to me.
Or would that be to complicated?

YES- that's a good idea; However, I think we should set some ground rules, such as:
1) No analyzation of the lyrics; JUST your opinions of the song, what it means to you, as an individual, how you relate to it, etc... otherwise, we'll have nothing but a big ol debate thread- AGAIN!

What do you think?
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

That's a good idea OE.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Why, Thank you, Ridan! and I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident with the jellyfish.... Now you see why I do not like the ocean! OUCH!!!
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

I was just curious why DSoT was included on this list but PULSE and The Wall-Live were not?
Brian
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

floydboy75 wrote:I was just curious why DSoT was included on this list but PULSE and The Wall-Live were not?
Brian
because DSoT isn't included anymore... :-s :D
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

ganaffe wrote:
floydboy75 wrote:I was just curious why DSoT was included on this list but PULSE and The Wall-Live were not?
Brian
because DSoT isn't included anymore... :-s :D
Sorry Brian my mistake. DSoT is not included :)
Painmaster
Blade
Blade

Post by Painmaster »

Painmaster asks, What about the version of money from A Collection of Great Dance Songs
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

What do you people suggest? Should it be included?
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

I think that (as has been stated in the other thread)... different versions of favorite songs can be disscused if it makes the list... This way we avoid multiple versions of the same song.
Sampdoriano_Canary
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Sampdoriano_Canary »

Thats a toughie........with a Top 30, we're wandering into the realms of a typical Pop Group Fan Website.....

Besides a Top 10 is cool but a Top 30 would be totally inhumane and inaccurate to the works of our heroes..... :-)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Painmaster wrote:Painmaster asks, What about the version of money from A Collection of Great Dance Songs
Its actually a Gilmour solo recording that he redid for the album, he plays everything on it so probably best not to include it as its not really a Floyd recording and of course the track is already represented by the DSotM version. I think if Money were to be included from that album then Shine On and ABITW2 would have to be as well as they are also unique versions.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Sampdoriano_Canary wrote:Besides a Top 10 is cool but a Top 30 would be totally inhumane and inaccurate to the works of our heroes..... :-)
What is your point?
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Sampdoriano_Canary wrote:Thats a toughie........with a Top 30, we're wandering into the realms of a typical Pop Group Fan Website.....

Besides a Top 10 is cool but a Top 30 would be totally inhumane and inaccurate to the works of our heroes..... :-)
The "Top 30" list isn't for any rating system, its just way for us to talk about some of our favorite floyd songs on this forum. Believe me, this is not a "typical Pop Group Fan Website", and I know that Ridan has put a good amount of her own time into this thread. So, although I can see where your coming from, this is something a lot of us are looking forward to.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

seamusz wrote: The "Top 30" list isn't for any rating system, its just way for us to talk about some of our favorite floyd songs on this forum. Believe me, this is not a "typical Pop Group Fan Website", and I know that Ridan has put a good amount of her own time into this thread. So, although I can see where your coming from, this is something a lot of us are looking forward to.
Here, Here!
Yeah, what he said
O--O
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Thanks Seamusz and Mooner for having my back. :D