No
33%

Total votes: 9

Mr Belgium
Axe
Axe

Is Pink Floyd male or female?

Post by Mr Belgium »

Honestly, I never spoke a female PF fan. You did?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have a few female Floyd fans but not many!! :(
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

My wife didn't know much about Pink Floyd when we met, but thanks to my patience (and the fact that I listen to Floyd on a daily basis) she is now among the ranks of the Floyd Fans.

She even came up with what I feel to be an interesting answer to the question of "Which one's Pink, David or Roger?"

In Melinda's estimation, Roger is Pink and David (and Nick and Rick) are Floyd. Bear in mind that (especially these days) shorthand for the group is "Floyd." As in "Have you seen Floyd on the new tour?" or "I'm going to put some Floyd in the CD Player."

Melinda also feels (as do I and many people I know) that since Roger wrote the lion's share of the material and was responsible for the concepts, HE should get to wear the title "Pink."

Without Roger, it wouldn't be what we know...I think the last two studio albums bear that out.

Post by Guest »

Wot a ridiculas vote
Ailbhe
Axe
Axe

Post by Ailbhe »

Well, I'm female and a Floyd(as well as Waters and Barrett) fan.And yeah, unfortunately , barring just one single person, I'm the only Floyd fan I know.Girls don't really get Floyd,maybe.Must be that. :?

Criteria

Post by Guest »

Mr Guest
If you are there: what are the criteria for ridiculous questions?
:wink:

I have the impression that PF is male (see Ailbhe's reply). So why not ask?
Jan, Mr Belgium
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

a few female friends of mine (from Interstate) are fans, id say about 5 or 6 of them. a few maybe not 'fans' like the others are, but still like the songs and stuff

theres a couple in my uni class as well, this year, there was one last year... which i was suprised about as well, i was humming (soft singing at points) Comfortably Numb when she started singing along. So i lent her a few albums and got her 'up to speed'
never saw my video copy of The Wall again, either... :p (lucky i have the DVD)

my gf isnt a fan, but she likes the Wall, and shes borrowed (most likely indefinitely) my copy of Is There Anybody Out There

oh well :p
downinit1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by downinit1 »

I think that question was pretty ridiculous and kinda sexist. :x :twisted:
catch22_love23
Axe
Axe

guess what?

Post by catch22_love23 »

I'm female but I forget sometimes because I just feel like a Pink Floyd fan. . .is it better to possess a certain type of genitalia in order to fully understand "the Floyd"? (I wanna call them "Pink" for short instead!)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

To me, they are simply, "The Floyd". :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

downinit1 wrote:I think that question was pretty ridiculous and kinda sexist. :x :twisted:

Really?

Or are you being silly?

I think it's a valid question. I don't know many female Floyd fans.
Mr Belgium
Axe
Axe

Post by Mr Belgium »

Could be your sister, could be your brother!

I still think it is a sane question, as all questions.

Jan
catch22_love23
Axe
Axe

gosh i feel soooo

Post by catch22_love23 »

Lucky that i was able to connect with "the Pink" before the end of this lifetime. One of my friends, Colleen, who has some kind of computer business that she runs herself, is way into the Pink, actually. She likes to find interesting mp3's to download, like them playing with Led Zepellin in "Stairway to Heaven" - Yeah, those Abbey Road Studio recordings. Supposedly there's some pretty good ones available. Just found "Fat Old Sun" from BBC in 1970. Has anyone ever heard Fat Old Sun? It lasts about 15 minutes long. So there's me, and her, and I think everytime I mention to one of my girlfriends that I'm into "the Pink", they say, ooooh, I love them too....Saw a myriad of ladies down at tthe Judy Garland Overdrive show here in S.F. a few weeks ago. My 2 cents. Ciao, guys 'n' gals...
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Pink Floyd never did anything with Led Zeppelin, although I have seen mp3s that state "Pink Floyd & Led Zeppelin - Bla Bla Bla.mp3." They're a hoax.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

A woman that i had a bit of a thing with a few years ago,called Lynne,only owned 1 video cassette(she did'nt have much money)but that one tape was The Wall movie,and she loved it,and all the floyd.Also my mum likes the floyd,and loves Dark Side Of The Moon.
But all you need to do,to see how many female fans there are,is goto a concert,when i saw the Floyd at Earls Court in 1994,there were a lot of females there,of all ages,and a lot of them were out of there seats dancing in the ailes.And when i saw David Gilmour at Meltdown,again lots of women,also there are a lot of women who find Mr Gilmour very attractive,and if you look on the net,you will find lots of websites dedicated to him,by female fans.