33%

Total votes: 9

jedimasterdwyer
Axe
Axe

--

Post by jedimasterdwyer »

--
Last edited by jedimasterdwyer on Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
dorothy
Knife
Knife

Post by dorothy »

I'm female and I am a PF fan. And I didn't start liking them because of man, but because of another female fan - my sister.
I don't think this question is stupid or invalid. Not that I think women can't understand their music, no. But it is just a fact that there are not many female PF fans. I myself know only me and my sister. And to be honest it makes me feel quite good. :)
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

I have known many pink floyd fans that are female, indeed i am going out with a floyd fan, i have been out with the ex drummer of a band i was in and she was into floyd. We all know their music is more accesible or more accepted by male fans but their is definatley a healthy female population out there that appreciate them too.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I don't think anyone on this forum would be ignorant enough to say Pink Floyd are a male only band, though as i said i'm sure they're target auidence was more male because proper bands target their music at the people like themselves
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

I think this is a bit brutal to say, but when Genesis (after they got rid of one of the world's best guitarists Steve Hackett and refused to do great music anymore) issued And then there were three album and had the chart hit with Follow You Follow Me, they said that the audience, which was 95% male before, had suddenly more females, who listened to that single in radio and loved it. I always thought that's weird if that's true. Some bands tend to have mostly male audience and some tend to have mostly female audience. I think the Floyd always tended to have mostly intelligent audience.
kipnow
Axe
Axe

Post by kipnow »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:Some bands tend to have mostly male audience and some tend to have mostly female audience. I think the Floyd always tended to have mostly intelligent audience.
Is this just a very complicated way to say pink floyd fans are mostly men?
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

actualy its not the genitalia we're talking about,

Its hormones too,

Its not as shallow as you think.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

so I see Pink Floyd is a guy fan only band. Gee I am a fan and I am female.

Must mean I have a gender disoder proublem huh?
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

kipnow wrote:
Flame-Sky Diver wrote:Some bands tend to have mostly male audience and some tend to have mostly female audience. I think the Floyd always tended to have mostly intelligent audience.
Is this just a very complicated way to say pink floyd fans are mostly men?
:shock: huh? Of course it's not! You think women aren't intelligent in general? :roll: I think the fans of Pink Floyd - the real fans - are intelligent in the way the music and lyrics make them think. Unlike most of the pop bands, whose music makes you think only "yeah, this sucks."
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

music like that is just a cheap hit Pink floyd are for life you can keep going back and never feel embarressed you ever liked them.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Right on!
kipnow
Axe
Axe

Post by kipnow »

Libbywaters74D wrote:so I see Pink Floyd is a guy fan only band. Gee I am a fan and I am female.
Must mean I have a gender disoder proublem huh?
If it only was that simple. What about all men that aren't fan?
Flame-Sky Diver wrote: huh? Of course it's not! You think women aren't intelligent in general? I think the fans of Pink Floyd - the real fans - are intelligent in the way the music and lyrics make them think. Unlike most of the pop bands, whose music makes you think only "yeah, this sucks."
I think nobody is intelligent in general. However, women never stop amazing me. Just like Pink Floyd. The strange thing about Pink Floyd is just the amount of good songs, and the fact the even the worse songs get a second change, because it's from the Floyd.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I'm a male fan...right now I don't personally know any PF fans whatsoever (old friends no longer listen to them). But, then I also like Nashville Pussy...there's no accounting for taste.

Here's a theory though...when I first got into PF, most male friends would say, you gotta smoke a big dubbie or drop acid and listen to "Floyd dude" (that was when dude referred to boys only - see my post with zero replies!). Now, the girls I knew then mostly didn't do drugs - those that did liked "Floyd dude". So, when I was younger, I'd say PF was thought of as "one of those stoner bands like Black Sabbath". Really, not the case as you know. Still, most women I know still aren't into drugs like the men I know are - though they all drink too much. So, my theory revolves around drug usage of males and females, and the fact that PF will probably never lose its drug band association. Not the kind of thing nice girls go for.

By the way "Nice Boys Don't Play Rock 'N' Roll" - Nashville Pussy :smt074 :smt097
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

kipnow wrote:
Flame-Sky Diver wrote: huh? Of course it's not! You think women aren't intelligent in general? I think the fans of Pink Floyd - the real fans - are intelligent in the way the music and lyrics make them think. Unlike most of the pop bands, whose music makes you think only "yeah, this sucks."
I think nobody is intelligent in general.
But you understand what I mean?
kipnow
Axe
Axe

Post by kipnow »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:[But you understand what I mean?
Yes, I do. But I think lyrics make you think, and music makes you feel.