Finally!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Syd. wrote:
Ridan wrote:So people will make a list of their top 15 or 20 and from those lists we'll sort out the top 30...what do you say?
That seems quit good. But when there are, for example, five songs who should all be on place 15, I guess that a lot of songs will be the same in peoples top-15: Echoes, Dogs, etc.
That should make it more interesting, don't you think?

Or may be I'm did not comprehend your post right :oops: :wink:
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Ridan wrote:That should make it more interesting, don't you think?

Yes, that's interesting indeed, but it could also be confusing when everybody fills in the same top 15, there can be no top 30 :) , I don't think that it comes to that.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Syd. wrote:
Ridan wrote:That should make it more interesting, don't you think?

Yes, that's interesting indeed, but it could also be confusing when everybody fills in the same top 15, there can be no top 30 :) , I don't think that it comes to that.
That has been taken care of :D

I don't have muc time, but I'll explain it later when I get back from work.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Hey there I'm back....

Been fooling around somewhere else for two days, but you've got my complete and sincere attention & enthousiasm again... :D

First of all:
Ridan wrote:Ganaffe suggested one of us should count so as not to confuse ourselves. I volunteer as I have loads of time. The e-mail address idea is a good one.
Not exactly, what I meant to say was: I think it would be best if one person collects all the votes. This person can distribute them to SDP or, me or anyone else who offered to help with the counting.
Just to keep an eye on things. I mean, when we all would open our mailbox to receive the votes, people like Meddler would send a list with 20 times "Fearless" on it to all of us, just to make sure his beloved song will end up number 1. :wink:

As for the final list, I was thinking: In the end we will be voting for the concept of a song, not so much one particular version of it. I mean, embryo is on the list now because it was on the "Works" compilation, but every single live version is better than that studio outtake.
It's the same with the Ummagumma live tracks, if you like them, you can vote for them because the title is on the list. The same with all RoIO tracks, if you like a particular obscure version of Echoes, you can just vote for Echoes...

If you look at the list like that, we could say: it's a list of all unique song 'concepts' with a more or less fixed title. In that way the not officially released songs could be on this list as well. I'd say let's put them on the list, so stuff like "scream thy last scream" and "vegetable man" can be voted for.

The only restrictions for the list then would be:
:arrow: No double titles: no particular live versions etc. Every title stands for all the existing versions of the song
:arrow: No solo-work: some tracks form the early years might give some trouble here, but we'll see what people come up with for the list, check them out, and decide here if they should be on.

How's that?
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

ganaffe wrote:This person can distribute them to SDP or, me or anyone else who offered to help with the counting.
If I can be of any help, just let me know.
ganaffe wrote:How's that?
It seems quit OK to me.

And how are you going to count the lists. I have been thinking about it and it seems the most simple way when you give #1 10 points, #2 9, etc. At the end you simply add all the points one song get and the one with most points is #1. That way you can count with more people.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Ridan wrote:Is that an official release?
no..but it's a studio song, although it was not released :)