Pink Fraud

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
benryves
Axe
Axe

Pink Fraud

Post by benryves »

Has anyone here been to see Pink Fraud? Being only 17, I never got to see the real thing (my mum teases me - she went to see The Wall twice), but these guys were absolutely fantastic.
nightmare
Blade
Blade

Post by nightmare »

unfortunately you and me my friend have been born in wrong time :(
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Never seen a Pink Floyd cover band. Had a chance once... but wasn't able to make it. And I've wished for that day back ever since. BAAH :o
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Luther Wright & The Wrongs performed the Wall at the Horseshoe, a bar in my home town recently (last year?), but I went out with a girl. I think Luther is a local boy, maybe?
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Yeah, they're awesome. I've been banging on about them for ages on this forum. I must have seen them about 5 times now.
TheVegetableMan
Axe
Axe

Post by TheVegetableMan »

I've seen THE MACHINE play here in NY a lot. They're quite good. When they first started out they just used to play their most popular songs, but the guitar player was very approachable and was always looking for cool obscure tunes to play and would be open to suggestions.

Last time I saw them (about a year ago) the played Childhoods End, Free Four and Fearless, which I must say blew my socks off.

They used to play in QUAD, but when I talked to them last time the guitar player said he had sold the setup because he was trying to start a NON COVER band (which fell through). I think they may have acquired a new Quad setup though.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

im guessing they dont play too much AMLOR :lol:
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

i seen roger waters in the flesh tour at glastonbury (the last stop on the tour)
it was the best gig ive ever seen and it was in quadraphonic in a big field
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Last time I saw 'em Pink Fraud played 'Point me at the sky' which is kinda obscure-ish. I thought that was cool.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

jonesy wrote:i seen roger waters in the flesh tour at glastonbury (the last stop on the tour)
it was the best gig ive ever seen and it was in quadraphonic in a big field
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was there too! It was mad hearing them testing the set up during the day. Watch out for the fat bloke on the BBC footage on the ''year after year'' lyric, thats me!! :D I caught the first night at Wembley too with Nick Mason guesting, that was pretty special, had to miss the second night tho coz of travelling to Glasto :(
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Cover bands just aren't the same are they.
Being fortunate enough to have seen Floyd a good few times,i think my age is something to do with that, i feel very privelaged to be in that position. Seen a Scottish cover band called Macfloyd , not very good i'm afraid.
benryves
Axe
Axe

Post by benryves »

Pink Fraud had the sound just right - they didn't sound like the real thing live, more like almost perfect replicas of the versions we know from the albums. When I went to see them in Sevenoaks they played Shine on you Crazy Diamond, Echoes Part 1, One of these Days, the entire DSOTM, The Thin Ice, Another Brick in the Wall, and Sheep. (Those are the ones that I remember). Apart from the voices, there was little in there to show how they differed from the original recordings.
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

I was lucky enough to see PF in 1987.

In the last few years, I've been going to see Australian Pink Floyd who are , IMHO, pretty damn good! They have a web site with audio and video downloads which are quite interesting.
benryves
Axe
Axe

Post by benryves »

Aussie Floyd?
Nowhere nearly as good as Pink Fraud. They're performing in Croydon (Aussie Floyd) but I don't much fancy going.