Good Bye Blue New York Sky

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Good Bye Blue New York Sky

Post by Charade I am »

Listening to good bye blue sky, it?s amazing how that song can match with the incidents on September 11th. It?s like it was made after that day. Everything in the lyrics matches with what happened. It?s just one of those particular coincidences life has....

Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Goodbye blue sky

Oooooooo ooo ooo ooooh
Did you see the frightened ones
Did you hear the falling bombs

Yeah, you're right, makes me think of the way every american president since world war 2 (barring JFK) has bombed a country and screwed them over, especially reminds me of their intervention in nam where they abused whole villages of people

Did you ever wonder
Why we had to run for shelter
When the promise of a brave new world
Unfurled beneath a clear blue sky

The promise of a new world? Like america boming cuba to bring them to justice on more than one occasion

Oooooooo ooo ooooo oooh
Did you see the frightened ones
Did you hear the falling bombs
The flames are all long gone
But the pain lingers on

Totally agree, amazing that this world police man thing has gone on so long, especially after the Americans planned in Febuary 2001 to both Afgahnistan and ironically enough they then got attacked by them, now why would a country so evil as afgahnistan attack a country unmotivated? I guess this knowlege since Febuary certainly didn't help

Makes me what to find out more on WHY AMERICA GoT ATTACKED (very innocent contry, especially with their list of offences to the middle east) and also why WHY A PLANE THAT WAS HIGHJACKED BY A GROUP THAT WAS MOSTLY FROM ISRAEL (WHO BY THE WAY ARE ALSO A DICTATORSHIP AS BAD AS SADAM AND OSAMA E.T.C ONLY THEY TRADE WITH AMERICA) CRASHING IN TO THE TOWERS MEANS AFGAHNISTAN GETS INVADED

Goodbye blue sky
Goodbye blue sky
Goodbye
Goodbye

Yup, song makes me think of the whole twin towers incident

Now before i get lots of abuse here i want everyone to think for a second about WHY america got attacked and try not to link it to revenge, you call the number that got killed there a stat? Try and find out the numbers of civilians they've killed and being that there's no such thing as good and evil (long as the taliban can justify it to themselves and their followers it's not evil, just disagreeable) try and say America aren't even worse
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

David Smith wrote: Now before i get lots of abuse here i want everyone to think for a second about WHY america got attacked and try not to link it to revenge, you call the number that got killed there a stat? Try and find out the numbers of civilians they've killed and being that there's no such thing as good and evil (long as the taliban can justify it to themselves and their followers it's not evil, just disagreeable) try and say America aren't even worse
What are you talking about? :?
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

I agree with you, david.
"Either you are with us or against us", that?s what George Bush said to the world after the attacks....I ask myself and I ask you, isn?t it a terrorist statement? what happens to the ones that aren?t with the united states and are against terrorism?

Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

It reminds me of any war or act there of.
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

The problem that I have with the ani-war in Iraq talk is that there is only bad mouthing going on about what WAS done. Nobody says what should be done. I am proud of my country for taking a stand. I am not as naive as to think that it all happened for pure reasons or that there wasn't fault on America's part, but something has to be done. The USA has tremendous resourses and has a responsibility to use them to protect them and others.

There are trageties everyday in the middle east in the casualties of warring factions. What should be done there? How much invovlement should other nations have in protecting the 90 to 95 percent of those who are not even involved, but live in terror and fear everyday. I cannot imagine living that way. I am not saying that America or the UN putting their big arse in everyones face is the right way to go about things, but what are the options?
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I wonder how many kids innocently said,"Look mummy,there's an aeroplane up in the sky!!!" :cry:
Reakwon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Reakwon »

qjamesfloyd wrote:I wonder how many kids innocently said,"Look mummy,there's an aeroplane up in the sky!!!" :cry:
There is a video in the net, called "Tribute to WTC - Good Bye Blue Sky" found it on Emule. The song with some images.. really sad :cry:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

seamusz wrote:
David Smith wrote: Now before i get lots of abuse here i want everyone to think for a second about WHY america got attacked and try not to link it to revenge, you call the number that got killed there a stat? Try and find out the numbers of civilians they've killed and being that there's no such thing as good and evil (long as the taliban can justify it to themselves and their followers it's not evil, just disagreeable) try and say America aren't even worse
What are you talking about? :?
Just incase there are any patriots on this forum :)
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

I was reading a list of songs that shouldn't be played on the radio following september 11th, and good bye blue skys and mother by pink floyd where on the list.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

[quote="David Smith"]

Oooooooo ooo ooo ooooh

Yeah, you're right, makes me think of the way every american president since world war 2 (barring JFK) has bombed a country and screwed them over, especially reminds me of their intervention in nam where they abused whole villages
Actually Jfk was behind the Bay of pigs in cuba and sent the first troops to Vietnam

The promise of a new world? Like america boming cuba to bring them to justice on more than one occasio

Totally agree, amazing that this world police man thing has gone on so long, especially after the Americans planned in Febuary 2001 to both Afgahnistan and ironically enough they then got attacked by them, now why would a country so evil as afgahnistan attack a country unmotivated? I guess this knowlege since Febuary certainly didn't help

Makes me what to find out more on WHY AMERICA GoT ATTACKED (very innocent contry, especially with their list of offences to the middle east) and also why WHY A PLANE THAT WAS HIGHJACKED BY A GROUP THAT WAS MOSTLY FROM ISRAEL

Actually 15 of the 19 hijackers were found to be from Saudi Arabia

(WHO BY THE WAY ARE ALSO A DICTATORSHIP AS BAD AS SADAM AND OSAMA E.T.C ONLY THEY TRADE WITH AMERICA) CRASHING IN TO THE TOWERS MEANS AFGAHNISTAN GETS INVADED

Yup, song makes me think of the whole twin towers incident

Now before i get lots of abuse here i want everyone to think for a second about WHY america got attacked and try not to link it to revenge, you call the number that got killed there a stat? Try and find out the numbers of civilians they've killed and being that there's no such thing as good and evil (long as the taliban can justify it to themselves and their followers it's not evil, just disagreeable) try and say America aren't even worse[/quote]

Must be nice to just bury your head in the sand, and ignore the reality of the situation
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

Sounds like someone didn't get his morning cereal.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

madcap69 wrote:Must be nice to just bury your head in the sand, and ignore the reality of the situation
Aaargh, you cant stop there, what is the reality of the situation? I'll go get a kettle on, looking forward to this.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

reality of the situation is that Iraq has been handcuffed since gulf war. (with expect of couple American flags burning)
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Good Bye Blue New York Sky

Post by Powderfinger »

Charade I am wrote:Listening to good bye blue sky, it?s amazing how that song can match with the incidents on September 11th. It?s like it was made after that day. Everything in the lyrics matches with what happened. It?s just one of those particular coincidences life has....
It's so funny. I was listening to the song and thought of that. :o
Fox-Mike wrote:I was reading a list of songs that shouldn't be played on the radio following september 11th, and good bye blue skys and mother by pink floyd where on the list.
Can you show me that list?