Pink Floyd reunite

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
dumbee
Embryo
Embryo

Pink Floyd reunite

Post by dumbee »

It would appear that Roger Waters got back with Pink Floyd to perform a couple of songs on 14th Nov in Chichester, England as part of the funeral service for their late manager Steve O'Rourke who sadly died on 30th September 2003.

It has not yet been reported in the national media and may not be true but it seems like it is! Brain Damage reported it so it is likely to be true in my opinion. It may not be in the media just yet because it happened on 14th and is now the 15th. A little early for an event which would not be publicised anyway. The funeral was a private affair.

STEVE O'ROURKE'S FUNERAL / PINK FLOYD REUNITE: The funeral service for Steve O'Rourke, who sadly passed away on 30th October in Miami, Florida, was held today at Chichester Cathedral in Sussex, England.

As part of the service, David, Roger, Richard and Nick put aside any differences, got back together as a band, and performed in tribute to the man who helped shape their career.

It is believed that they performed Fat Old Sun and Great Gig In The Sky, and that Dick Parry played the saxophone whilst following the coffin. A very fitting, and moving, tribute.
http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/general/news.html

EDITED BY ADMIN - I just added a couple of things to this post!
bmet
Knife
Knife

Reunion

Post by bmet »

So in order to perform,they obviously had to meet in a room together and
discuss what they were going to play. (Unless that was done through Lawyers!!)...so there was hopefully some communication happening...good! With a funeral comes the gathering of people with
ties to the deceased..which lead to reminiscences of good times...another
good ingredient! Dave and Roger probably faced each other and,after staring at the floor for some time perhaps began talking to each other...Perhaps an agreement was made they both got off one good punch in the mouth to the opposing person...then shook hands and with mouth-bleeding smiles picked each other up of the ground and shook hands in rejuvenated friendship!!! :D .........NA! Too Optimistic! :x

bmet

:roll: [I've] been in the pipeline filling in time..
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

OH MY GOD!!!,i can't believe this,Pink Floyd have played 2 songs together for the first time since 1981,this is amazing,why is'nt this thread full of excited people?particulaly the ones who said Pink Floyd would never perform again as a 4,i include myself in that too.This has just about knocked me over,i know it was for a funeral and a good reason to,but this happened just 25-30 minutes from where is live!!!!.I hope some photos will come out from the get together,this is the biggest news since Paul,George and Ringo played together in 1994.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think it is rather amazing!! Who would have thought??

I hope this is a sign of things to come and that the rift has now gone between them. I am looking forward to a UK arena tour from them.

Imagine...

The mighty Floyd standing there on stage in a nice little arena. :shock:

:D :D :D :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

OK I know this was reported on Roger Waters online but does anyone know the actual original source of this information? Roger Waters online isnt an official site is it???? I know I sound sceptical and if this really did happen then it would be the most amazing thing ever but I need to know for certain as I dont intend on running down the street naked screaming woohoo for a hoax!
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

It's also on the Brain Damage site,which is very reliable.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Are there any photos of this event? Photos of Roger, Dave, Rick and Nick at the funeral together would be enough...
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

its been reported on more then a few sites already
Brain Damage
PFCO
Fleeting Glimpse
some fan sites
people saw it that were there
its been on the news so I hear
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

You mean it's been on the TV news?
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

:lol: its just not true.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Diin Jaffa wrote::lol: its just not true.
How do you know?
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Im Diin Jaffa! :o

but really... think about it.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Beatles reunited in 1994 to record "Real Love" and "Free As A Bird"... KISS reunited in 1996 at the MTV Awards. So many bands reunite in strange ways. Why shouldn't Pink Floyd? The same fight can go on for more than 20 years.
bmet
Knife
Knife

Post by bmet »

Keith Jordan wrote:
I hope this is a sign of things to come and that the rift has now gone between them. I am looking forward to a UK arena tour from them.
Now,Now,Now Keith - don't scare them off!!!

1 Location , a couple of broadcasted shows will suffice.... with 20 Plus Camera set-ups to record the DVD's
Song List :One of these Days,Echoes,Childhood's End,Entire DSOTM,
Entire WYWH,Entire Animals,and Saucerful and Set the Controls to Finish.
Have all the support musicians back but keep them behind the main band.
Have Clare Torry,Dick Parry,and Roy Harper on hand.That'll do!!!

The Wall fans can negotiate another show with THAT STUFF!!!

As far as Location :Royal Albert Hall should be alright! Tickets awarded by a lottery Worldwide.I think that will do as well!

Simple isn't it.Let's keep our fingers crossed for something! :D

bmet
[I'll be] in the pipeline filling in time! :roll:
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

olzen wrote:Beatles reunited in 1994 to record "Real Love" and "Free As A Bird"... KISS reunited in 1996 at the MTV Awards. So many bands reunite in strange ways. Why shouldn't Pink Floyd? The same fight can go on for more than 20 years.
Kiss likes money.
and that wasnt beatles reunion. it was beatles relapse. :roll:

Maybe Gilmour,Mason,Wright team played something but I doubt anyone would play in funerals that kind of stuff. kinky and creepy.