Pink Floyd reunite

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Unless it was a pre death request from Steve O'rourke!! to have them all play at his funeral.
Does anyone know who the new manager will be?
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

I just don't believe it... there are no official announcements, no 'serious press' newsflashes... it's only a rumour... I hope it was true, anyway...
Rabinnical
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Rabinnical »

qjamesfloyd wrote:this is amazing,why is'nt this thread full of excited people?.

at the same time though, i dont know how to be excited...gotta remember, someone died...its still sad
Reakwon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Reakwon »

Rabinnical wrote:
qjamesfloyd wrote:this is amazing,why is'nt this thread full of excited people?.

at the same time though, i dont know how to be excited...gotta remember, someone died...its still sad
full ack

why does always something sad happen, to bring something good in the light... maybe it's just the way it goes...

Just wait und we'll see, what future brings.

Greetings Markus

PS: would be great a last farewell tour
not "delicate sound of thunder", but:
"dedicated to steve o' rourke"
Sydjones
Axe
Axe

Post by Sydjones »

This is good news, perhaps they'll put old petty arguments aside, and perhaps get back together for one more album, you know, kind of like a tribute to the get-back-together.
Homeless Gerald
Axe
Axe

Post by Homeless Gerald »

Whilst it is a thrilling prospect that the band would perform together again,i cant help but feel if this story is true,then that means it takes an extordinary event for them to WANT to do it.Events in life can make people rise above some things.

The only way i could see Floyd getting back together is as a tribute band to themselves.Perhaps that might work!?
dorothy
Knife
Knife

Post by dorothy »

I think it IS believable and possible. Even if they cannot communicate and work together they are still people, grown up people, and actually I would be very surprised if that thing turned out to be just a gossip.

I wouldn't expect any tour or album, though.
But, well... who knows?
maltjik
Axe
Axe

Funeral for a friend

Post by maltjik »

I don't see why it shouldn't be true. I mean they were all friends with Steve, and choosing to put their disagreements aside for an afternoon to honor their friend seems pretty natural. Doesn't it?

However I wouldn't keep my hopes up on them reuniting for a mega world tour. In such a situation I'd guess they'd end up beeing kids in a sandbox again.

But yeah. It would be a dream come-true if they could work together like grown up proffessionals.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

:lol: this is too funny. :lol:
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

I don't know... maybe somebody thought it would be "funny" to send those "news" to the Brain-Damage site, and they just published it... I mean, if it is REAL, then why we don't see a "real" news-site announcing it?? or one of the official websites??... I want it to be true, by the way... but it sounds so perfect to be true...
Syd.LSD
Blade
Blade

Post by Syd.LSD »

well... nevermind.
if it happend they ll let us know! ;)
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Maybe they don't want to announce it? I wouldn't say I believe it in completely, but I won't be pessimistic either.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

It's now reported on RogerWatersOnline message board that it was Rick, Nick and David. No Roger.

I'm glad that I can now still sunbathe in hell without fear of frostbite.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

No Roger? Really, the Police played a funeral that made people think there would be a reunion; didn't happen in the end. So was Roger involved? That would be neat, but in the end even the Police couldn't get past their differences... don't be too hopeful! Oh, but to dream :D
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Just Nick, Dave and Rick playing is far more believable and a lot less interesting.