General discussion about Pink Floyd.
FloydianTheo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by FloydianTheo »

Perhaps a new start?

A new song as tribute to Steve?

A new Pink Floyd album?

Many questions/dreams from a Pink Floyd fan. Can dreams come thrue?

I hope so....................

Theo[/b]
ewasserm
Axe
Axe

Told you it was too good to be true...........

Post by ewasserm »

From the Brain Damage site

STEVE O'ROURKE'S FUNERAL UPDATE: Our friend Col over at our new sister site, A Fleeting Glimpse, has just contacted us with an update on attendance at Steve O'Rourke's funeral on Friday. It seems that Roger Waters did not even attend the funeral but his Manager Mark Fenwick was thought to have been in attendance. Fat Old Sun was in fact performed by David Gilmour and for Great Gig In The Sky he was joined by Nick and Richard. As noted below, we are hoping for confirmation from Mark Fenwick when he returns to the office...
-- Posted 16 November 2003 ? A Fleeting Glimpse --
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

I know Roger doesn't like David, but the least thing he could do was to show up to his old managers funeral. If it hadn't been for Pink Floyd, Roger would probably not have been that popular. Gawd...
ewasserm
Axe
Axe

Post by ewasserm »

Yeah, well Gilmour has more class than Waters.
Does anyone know if anyone actually sang Great Gig or did they just play the music?
Sydjones
Axe
Axe

Post by Sydjones »

It is true! They played Fat Old Sun, and Great Gig In The Sky, and I am sure it felt nice to be back together, that's why they would make a new album if any you idiot.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Mr. Fenwick, is that you?
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Sydjones wrote:It is true! They played Fat Old Sun, and Great Gig In The Sky, and I am sure it felt nice to be back together, that's why they would make a new album if any you idiot.
How curious. One of Dave's songs and one of Rick's songs. Didn't Roger have anything fitting?
Sydjones
Axe
Axe

Post by Sydjones »

Mooner wrote:
Sydjones wrote:It is true! They played Fat Old Sun, and Great Gig In The Sky, and I am sure it felt nice to be back together, that's why they would make a new album if any you idiot.
How curious. One of Dave's songs and one of Rick's songs. Didn't Roger have anything fitting?
Yes, I am sure he did, but, Wish You Were Here was a tribute to Syd Barrett, it wouldn't be very kind to just throw away a friend for another friend.
ewasserm
Axe
Axe

Post by ewasserm »

OK, what part of 'it didn't happen that way' are you guys not getting??? :roll: :lol: Roger wasn't there per the latest news on the Brain Damage site today!!!
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

You know, I'm relieved this rumor (Roger w/the other three) is not true. I was beginning to worry that Roger had gone soft, gone back on his word of not playing as Pink Floyd again.

As far as not attending a funeral...so what? I didn't attend 3 of my 4 grandparent's funerals...the only one I attended was when I was 2 or 3...and that's when I didn't have any say in the matter.

My husband has had a plethora of relatives pass away in the 1990s...aunts, uncles, gradmother, dad. The only one he attended was his father's...and he almost couldn't as we lived 1000 miles away, he just started a new job, and it was very difficult to get the time off.

I almost didn't attend a friend's funeral who committed suicide...we were on strange terms at the time (he had turned schizophrenic and was hard to communicate with). I had started a new job and didn't think I could get the time off, fortunately I could, but had already warned his family I couldn't attend. Unless they reviewed the guest roster I signed, they were under the impression I wasn't there. Oh well. It was a humongous funeral....like I'd be missed....

I attended my major professor's funeral...he was a nice guy. But the rest of them? If they died and I found out about a funeral, I wouldn't even send a card. They weren't very nice, and I'm not on speaking terms with them. From what I understand, Roger wasn't on the best of terms with Mr. O'Rourke either, even in the day.

I could care less if anyone attends my funeral...I'll be DEAD. I wouldn't even know that I'm dead, because, well, I'd be dead. If I were to take the attitude that there is an afterlife of sorts, I would think the afterlife wouldn't concern itself with earthly minutia like who's at my funeral and who's not. I'd be too busy looking for another soul that fits...or whatever.
ebeid_mahmoud
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ebeid_mahmoud »

first of all i can't belive it besides they're not getting any younger.
but if it happened then it's a good thing. but too late....
Tiago Freitas
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Tiago Freitas »

My view still is that Roger attended and played with the gang at the funeral! They are denning because Floyd fans went nuts with the news, just hoping for a reform with Roger!.. to not cause false hopes they are dennying the thing that happenend!
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Conspiracy. Interesting how the evolution of this thread went from yes! to no it would never happen ;). Sorry I would of been here sooner but a friend spilled Sprite on my keyboard. Had to get a new one :(. Anyway... The truth is Roger and Dave both have a solo album coming out in the future and thats enough for me. Dave, Nick and Rick playing together one last time is still something special. Its been awhile since that has happened. My dreams and hopes of a reunion with Roger are still locked away safely however. But the last song to date that was ever performed live by PF is Great Gig in the Sky. If its the last song it would be fitting.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Yeah. Good points Meddler!
Simonwim
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Simonwim »

Just to confirm a few things.

I never attended the funeral and have never said or implied i did!

The information i forwarded on to people was first posted by David Parker to the Echoes group and on pinkfloyd&co's website far in advance of me posting it to rogerwatersonline message board (the only place i posted it!).

I myself suggested to Phil (who runs RogerWatersOnline on his own) that he didnt post the info on his website untill it was confirmed, he chose to post it, that was his decision.

I dont know of anyone who attended the funeral and again, ive never said or implied i did or do, and as for the webmasters (Phils) reply below to the person that e mailed him, his answer was as much a surprise to me as it was to anyone!
I wasnt aware Phil knew anyone at the funeral and certainly wasnt aware anone had called him.

regards
Si

p.s. Thanks to John for bringing this thread to my attention