Pink Floyd reunite

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Simon wrote:Just to confirm a few things.

I never attended the funeral and have never said or implied i did!

The information i forwarded on to people was first posted by David Parker to the Echoes group and on pinkfloyd&co's website far in advance of me posting it to rogerwatersonline message board (the only place i posted it!).

I myself suggested to Phil (who runs RogerWatersOnline on his own) that he didnt post the info on his website untill it was confirmed, he chose to post it, that was his decision.

I dont know of anyone who attended the funeral and again, ive never said or implied i did or do, and as for the webmasters (Phils) reply below to the person that e mailed him, his answer was as much a surprise to me as it was to anyone!
I wasnt aware Phil knew anyone at the funeral and certainly wasnt aware anone had called him.

regards
Si

p.s. Thanks to John for bringing this thread to my attention
News wouldn't have spead this quickly in the days of the International Times and UFO!! :-) Oh the woes of the internet and instant communication!
Madshef
Embryo
Embryo

It Was Only A Funeral

Post by Madshef »

Just tossing in my 2 bits on this topic.
The members of Pink Floyd performed more an act of sincerity and sympathy than a concert or musical showcase in memory of their manager and friend. It was fitting of any of them to do this since Steve was manager of the band for a very long time and a close friend as well.
For any or all of us to get our hopes up about a major reunion, tour or recording project simply because the band played at a funeral is a bit silly really. I think that we're letting our hopes or imaginations get the best of us,even though I too hope that some form of Pink Floyd oneday reconvenes to make more music. For now let's let them grieve and find a person capable of managing Pink Floyd with the same manner of professionalism and integrity that Steve did. Whomever takes the job has some rather large shoes to fill, not to mention the task of dealing with the brilliant musicians that make up the band.
Only time will tell what happens next in this story. We'll all just have to watch and wait and hope for the best, whatever that may be.
Peace.
ewasserm
Axe
Axe

Post by ewasserm »

I guess we are all hoping there will still BE a Pink Floyd to manage......
'Scuse me while I put on some Floyd on the headphones and go back to work :)
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

I'd like to apply as manager, "No there not doing anything !" Please send me a check for 2004 now. :twisted: