Comfortably numb, question re: vocals...

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
AKAmoses
Embryo
Embryo

Comfortably numb, question re: vocals...

Post by AKAmoses »

Did Gilmour do the vocals on the chorus of Comfortably Numb??? A friend pointed it out to me that it sounded more like Gilmour than Waters, I didn't believe him at first & debated it a bit, but when I listened to it... upon closer inspection it does sound more like Gilmour. If this is him, please enlighten me.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Yep, thats Gilmour.
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

Yep, Dave sings the chorus.
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

Roger sings the Doctor parts, and Gilmour sings the "Pink" parts, i think.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

in the rare footage of the wall in berlin rehearsals Roger attempts to sing Dave's part. Good christ it sounded awful.
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

Roger sings the doctor part...anyway, i have the berlin dvd and the rare footage is just a bunch of actors doing things...where are the rehearsals?
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

decampos wrote:in the rare footage of the wall in berlin rehearsals Roger attempts to sing Dave's part. Good christ it sounded awful.
That sounds hilarious. Poor Rog.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

RogerWatersGirl wrote:Roger sings the doctor part...anyway, i have the berlin dvd and the rare footage is just a bunch of actors doing things...where are the rehearsals?
It's not on the DVD. The footage isn't available officially - only on dodgy-ass video-CDs traded by scumbags.

Alternativley, clips of it are available on this site:
http://www.anycolorulike.com/
AKAmoses
Embryo
Embryo

Post by AKAmoses »

Thanks for the info! I can't believe I never noticed before... I guess I gotta tell my co-worker "yer right" now... :oops:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

decampos wrote:It's not on the DVD. The footage isn't available officially - only on dodgy-ass video-CDs traded by scumbags.
Yeah, those guys are so out of order, the way they share things with people for nothing and start vines and trees where they give away free CD's, these people must be stopped so these recordings can only be purchased on eBay for extortionate prices.
NiceJangly
Axe
Axe

Post by NiceJangly »

decampos wrote:in the rare footage of the wall in berlin rehearsals Roger attempts to sing Dave's part. Good christ it sounded awful.
Funny that. I always thought David trying to sing Roger's parts on DSOT sounded embarrassingly monotonous (and I generally like David's singing voice, especially when he was younger).
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Dave is technically a better vocalist but never captures the feelings and emotions in his tone and intonation like roger can so easlily