the name of the band

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
syd67ro
Axe
Axe

the name of the band

Post by syd67ro »

I believe that 90% of the forum members and 90 % of the web sites will indicate that the name of the band came from those two obscure bluesmen:Pink Andersen and Floyd Council.Or whatever their name was.Even in that BBC Documentary about Syd,it is stated that.But,I read in an interview of Roger,that this theory is bulls*it.I don't remember his exact words.But it was something similar.So,my question is,what does Pink Floyd mean?Or,what exactly is Floyd ?Cause "pink" can be associated with Syd's era.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Pink is colour and dictionary says that floyd is:

floyd
"fl oyd" Click once to rate this definition:

one who prefers sexual mates under a legal age applied by the state.

The jailbait got nailed by a floyd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Floyd
"ffffloyd" Click once to rate this definition:

A suave, sophisticated and intelligent Aussie with great taste in music and an awesome sense of humor.

"Hey, Floyd is a really cool guy!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Floyd
"Fl-oi-deh" Click once to rate this definition:

forgetfull one

"I forgot My Sister" : Floyd

floyd
"Dill-Hole" Click once to rate this definition:

Dillhole known for sitting in his basement, jobless, and blowing glass. Said dillhole also likes to smoke pot, ignore all information that is given to him, and subscribe to hippie hardcore political theories. If hippies do it, so does he.

Check out that floyd over there, holding up the "no oil" sign and shouting things about cutting military spending. I wonder if he's washed his hair lately?

Floyd

A person that will fuck ANYTHING

God Floyd, don't you have any standards?

Floyd fucked that ugly ass bitch

Floyd

a beaner

floyd is a dirty beaner
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

:shock:
Are those definitions for real? Ha-ha, I didn't even know that Floyd meant something, let alone all that!
Guess I'll start using that word more often, now...
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Tinkerbell wrote::shock:
Are those definitions for real? Ha-ha, I didn't even know that Floyd meant something, let alone all that!
Guess I'll start using that word more often, now...
:D :twisted:
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

That cant be straight from an actual dictionary. HA! I just realized its probably from a website dictionary. I'll shut up.
Corporal_Clegg
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Corporal_Clegg »

I have heard about the blues players and all, but i recall once reading something about Waters amp brand being Pink Floyd Sound. I dunno probably a load of shit but i read that somewhere a while ago.