ZABRINKSIE POINT

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

ZABRINKSIE POINT

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

heeeeey heeeey sir. soul is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

topic of discush....ZABRINSKIE POINT!!!!
anyone have this album????....i know it's mass rare and i managed to get a couple mp3's off it from kazaa but other than that i can't find anything else..and i don't even think the album is on CD...just vinyl.....

what's the deal with this album............

:?:
Fingal
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Fingal »

i've download all the tracks, but the cd has been reprinted in the us - as a 2 cd set
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

the 2 cd version is available at amazon.com......a bit expensive though
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I have the double CD, but I think it may be out of print right now...it was about $50-60 before tax, which is a lot, and the songs by other people aren't that great...even the movie isn't that great, except for the final scene set to PF - consider it a PF video?

You're in TO, check out Edwards Record World at Yonge & Eglinton, or one of the shops at Bloor and Bathurst (I've seen it in these places recently)...you can still get it, look in box set areas and behind the counter.
Uma Guma
Axe
Axe

Post by Uma Guma »

I saw it in Selectadisc in Soho London, and I think it was between 20 and 30 quid. I was on strict budget that day so I didn't buy it.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

I have a vinyl copy of ZP... (vinyl =P~ I like vinyl =P~ ) which is probably hard to find. But, as said, it's widely available on CD.

Not every song on it is worth your money though, if you ask me... it contains some nice jams by the Dead, some serious :-# filler by other bands, and some nice jams by Pink Floyd...

Not all of them are worth mentioning, in my opinion, but "Come in number 51, your time is up..." definitely is, certainly because I understand your a fan of CWTAE.
It's a radically different version of that song with a much more menacing bassline... I like it very much, it's better than the Relics version, imo.
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

I bought "A Journey Through Time and Space" at a store in cape cod, and it has all of the alternative zabreski point tracks + a second cd of somewhat rare material, including the amougies pop festival, some project birmingham tracks, childhood's end live and the alternate version of brain damage. Complete with colour booklet, and a discription of the band up until 1969. Very good versions, interesting, too. The band makes sexual noises during oneone.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Let's get Keith to have this as the next download...I really need to hear those rare tracks. I'm sick with desire...is sea birds on there?
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

The ZPoint CD is freely available here where I live, for a price similar to Ummagumma, Delicate Sound Of Thunder. It is worth buying for a serious fan. From the other stuff, the Jerry Garcia and Grateful Dead songs are worth mentioning.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Got the movie, anyone seen it?
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

I liked the movie. I like the most of Antonioni's movies. Daria Halprin is nice. :oops:
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

Seabirds is an alternate on the More soundtrack, the following tracks exist on the zabreski point album

Come in number 51, your time is up
Country Song
Country song full studio mix (Red Queen)
Crumbling Land
Crumbling Land (fast version) - my personal favorite crumbling land
Crumbling Land (Rock Version)
Crumbling Land (movie version)
OneOne
OneOne (full studio mix)
OneOne (full studio mix with band making sexual noises)
Red Queen theme (country song with humming)
Red Queen (sort of a reprise played on a harpsicord)
Fingal's Cave
several love scenes based on piano (about 3) one guitar based bluesy love scene (called blues scene on some)
Unknown song (an incomplete rain in the country)
Rain in the Country - a more complete version of the one above, although it's shorter, it's very similar to narrow way part 1.
Heart beat pig meat

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

On a side note, does anyone have sheet music for any zabriskie point tracks? I'm really interested in seeing the piano parts played during Country Song.
Corporal_Clegg
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Corporal_Clegg »

I downloaded the whole soundtrack, the two CD set, and i must say it is rather good. The floyd tunes are great rares tracks. I am a big Grateful Dead and thier song on it, even though its a small excerpt of it is good. The Kalediscope tunes arnt bad either. Its a good album over all.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

nosaj wrote:Let's get Keith to have this as the next download...I really need to hear those rare tracks. I'm sick with desire...is sea birds on there?
I don't think Keith will offer it for download... since it is not a roio it would be the same as putting DSOTM up for download...
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

Get someone to put up a journey through time and space. That is classified as an ROIO, and everything on it is unreleased, technically. The ones on the soundtrack aren't the full studio cuts.