THE COLOUR THEORY

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Time.Traveller wrote: Thank you for trying to help me understand. Although I cannot fully understand what you mean until I hear this music.
Let me tell you about a group that I absolutely love. They are called Cubick's Rube. Two of the members are from Cardiff, Wales and the other 2 are from Chicago. They released their debut digital data card in 2027(this is a format which came into existance in 2021). The album was entitled Hole In The Sky and they went on to release 3 more amazing works of music. They have changed the face of music and given future artists to work with a whole new structure of sound.
And I thought I had too much time on my hands.
rockinroll_mister
Axe
Axe

Post by rockinroll_mister »

Anna-Roza wrote:So why don't you attack Oasis for copying the Beatles?

I'll tell you why........ 1) cos nobody mentioned oasis or the beatles.... and 2) cos Noel Gallagher BLATENTLY admits that hes a plagorist.... He even wore a shirt for a photo shoot that said PLAGORIST in giant letters.... he is giving the credit to other ppl.... PJ try to hide it, they try to pretend that they made it up, and as a result they phase out the great bands like zeppelin when they have the opportunity of promoting them more. Thats why I love oasis, cos they definitely help keep the beatles alive more than kill them off.... and pearl jam are just a fuckin toe fungus jam under the feet of zeppelin, and they dont even admit it.

fuckers
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

rockinroll_mister wrote:I'll tell you why........ 1) cos nobody mentioned oasis or the beatles.... and 2) cos Noel Gallagher BLATENTLY admits that hes a plagorist.... He even wore a shirt for a photo shoot that said PLAGORIST in giant letters.... he is giving the credit to other ppl.... PJ try to hide it, they try to pretend that they made it up, and as a result they phase out the great bands like zeppelin when they have the opportunity of promoting them more. Thats why I love oasis, cos they definitely help keep the beatles alive more than kill them off.... and pearl jam are just a **** toe fungus jam under the feet of zeppelin, and they dont even admit it.

How many PJ albums have you listened to? And (no offense, just curious) how old are you?
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Call me mad,but would'nt the Floyd be Pink?
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

qjamesfloyd wrote:Call me mad,but would'nt the Floyd be Pink?
mad.
warrior
Axe
Axe

Post by warrior »

Any Floyd song can bring a color to your mind if you just close your
eyes and listen...and I get pictures...Echoes brings shades of dark blues and indigos and I imagine bats flying in the distance..and lightning strikes
in the far away skies....it fun. :-k
Led Zep ..I see gold dust glitter....esp on Stairway to Heaven..and on a pale blue backround..and streaky pinkish clouds....ok, so I am wierd..
but I enjoy music to the max! :roll:
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

rockinroll_mister wrote:
I'll tell you why........ 1) cos nobody mentioned oasis or the beatles....
Come back to the first page of this thread and read it :evil:
Corporal_Clegg
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Corporal_Clegg »

rockinroll_mister wrote:

I'll tell you why........ 1) cos nobody mentioned oasis or the beatles.... and 2) cos Noel Gallagher BLATENTLY admits that hes a plagorist.... He even wore a shirt for a photo shoot that said PLAGORIST in giant letters.... he is giving the credit to other ppl.... PJ try to hide it, they try to pretend that they made it up, and as a result they phase out the great bands like zeppelin when they have the opportunity of promoting them more. Thats why I love oasis, cos they definitely help keep the beatles alive more than kill them off.... and pearl jam are just a **** toe fungus jam under the feet of zeppelin, and they dont even admit it.

Well said... Couldnt agree more. Oasis have helped people from this generation to get into the old bands and dig thier music.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Corporal_Clegg wrote:
rockinroll_mister wrote:
I'll tell you why........ 1) cos nobody mentioned oasis or the beatles.... and 2) cos Noel Gallagher BLATENTLY admits that hes a plagorist.... He even wore a shirt for a photo shoot that said PLAGORIST in giant letters.... he is giving the credit to other ppl.... PJ try to hide it, they try to pretend that they made it up, and as a result they phase out the great bands like zeppelin when they have the opportunity of promoting them more. Thats why I love oasis, cos they definitely help keep the beatles alive more than kill them off.... and pearl jam are just a **** toe fungus jam under the feet of zeppelin, and they dont even admit it.

Well said... Couldnt agree more. Oasis have helped people from this generation to get into the old bands and dig thier music.
mega true...it's cos' of oasis that i got into zeppelin and the beatles and the who and hendrix....cos' noel always talks about them and says how he stole this one riff from a zeppelin tune or how he ripped off the lyrics from thisone song so it gets me interested to hearing the song he ripped off the lyric or riff from....

and dont try to bash oasis and say they're a beatles rip off band cos the beatles ripped off bands before them as well....i read BEATLES FOR SALE an dit's all about the beatles songs, recording adn how teh albums were made and they ripped off buddy holy, elvis adn other bands that im not really familiar with....every generation of music is a rip off from a previous generation.....just like society builds upon previus technology music build supon previous music...
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Show me one band that is not influenced by anyone...

But, talking seriously: the point is not in being influenced, but being influential.
Great bands of the 60s and the 70s have thousands of followers.
But also Pearl Jam has a lot of followers (mentioned shitty bands like Nickelback or Creed), and of course Oasis too (some young British bands). Nobody wants to follow Nickelback or Creed, they're like the last link of a chain. That's the huge difference.
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

Bela Bartok said :
Every art has the right to strike its roots in the art of the previous age; it not only has the right to but it must stem from it.

Hmmm. ELP took Bartok's music and turned it into Barbarian. No credit to poor old Bela...

...but then little old Mrs. Bartok telephoned Messieurs E, L & P, and told them there's a song written by his late husband on their lp. On cd editions of ELP's debut album Bartok is one of the writers of Barbarian.

Greg Lake has told that when Mrs. Bartok called, it felt like talking with Mrs. Beethoven.

Mr. Lake obviously hasn't read his history books. Beethoven was never married...

...then again Lake may have thought about Mrs. Beethoven, who appeared in Monty Python's Flying Circus!
Last edited by Heikki on Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Anna-Roza wrote:Pearl Jam has a lot of followers (mentioned shitty bands like Nickelback or Creed), and of course Oasis too (some young British bands). Nobody wants to follow Nickelback or Creed, they're like the last link of a chain. That's the huge difference.
exactly!!. it's becasue of Pearl Jam that bands like Creed and Nickelback exist...it's very similar sound and music....if people can say that oasis is a beatles rip of band then i can say that nickelback/creed is a pearl jam rip off band that THAT IS WHY I CLASSIFY PEARL JAM, NICKELBACK AND CREED ALL IN THE SAME CATEGORY>>>>>BROWN MUSIC!...thats the only reason this whole debate started...because i classified pearl jam with those other 2 bands.....and now you see why.
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:
Anna-Roza wrote:Pearl Jam has a lot of followers (mentioned shitty bands like Nickelback or Creed), and of course Oasis too (some young British bands). Nobody wants to follow Nickelback or Creed, they're like the last link of a chain. That's the huge difference.
exactly!!. it's becasue of Pearl Jam that bands like Creed and Nickelback exist...it's very similar sound and music....if people can say that oasis is a beatles rip of band then i can say that nickelback/creed is a pearl jam rip off band that THAT IS WHY I CLASSIFY PEARL JAM, NICKELBACK AND CREED ALL IN THE SAME CATEGORY>>>>>BROWN MUSIC!...thats the only reason this whole debate started...because i classified pearl jam with those other 2 bands.....and now you see why.
Well time.traveller... er... a.. SirPS Pearl Jam DID NOT rip off anyone. You should go back to 1995 and study the Seattle sound, then come here (to 2003) and talk about your theory in which all musical groups can be catagorized into what color it sounds like :roll: :lol: . Then you can go back to 2036 and report all the information you learned. :D
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

fuck the seattle sound...it was garbage besides nirvana....they were the only decent band fom that seattle grunge era IMO....
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Because you don't know older Sub Pop bands like Mudhoney, the Melvins (they still play, by the way), Mother Love Bone, The Walkabouts...
So called Seattle sound wasn't born with Nirvana.
And there are many great emo-core Sub Pop bands like Sunny Day Real Estate or Pleasure Forever, they're much more like Radiohead, than Nirvana or Pearl Jam... Maybe you should try them...