DVD - Pulse...When?...Hurray!...and Fill it Up FULL!!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
bmet
Knife
Knife

DVD - Pulse...When?...Hurray!...and Fill it Up FULL!!

Post by bmet »

DVD Pulse.....When? [-o<

DVD Pulse....Hurray!! 8-[

and I want ALOT of Extra Stuff...Documentaries,Behind the Scenes,Archival Footage,etc...the Lot!!!! MAKE IT 2 DVD's!!!!! =P~

:roll: Back in the Pipeline
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

no i dont want a PULSE dvd........

here's all the dvd's released related to pink floyd...

roger waters live in berlin THE WALL (have it)
roger waters IN THE FLESH (sold it)
dave gilmour live (don't have it)
PF live in pompeii (have it. love it)
any others..??

anyways they need to release a DVD of pink floyd in the 1970s era...an actual concert..........not like pompeii...i'm talking about a stadium gig with all the lights and mad effects.... i have heard the bootlegs, i have seen the pictures but i have never seen a pink floyd gig from the 70s....we need to be treated to a DVD of FLOYD in prime action. F*CK pulse IMO...wouldn't you rather see a concert from the WISH YOU WERE HERE TOUR when they were young and playing their great tunes from '67 up until WYWH??????????? an animals gig dvd would be cool but they were a bit old around teh animals, wall era......i would say the WYWH era is perfect for a dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!! that way we'd get everything up until Wish...

i'm sure they must have got footage of the dark side or WYHW tour...there's no way those tours got away with no actual camera footage.....
Syd.LSD
Blade
Blade

Post by Syd.LSD »

i ve got also

the wall (movie)
delicate sound of thunder in New York.
bmet
Knife
Knife

Any Mid 70's footage

Post by bmet »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:
i'm sure they must have got footage of the dark side or WYHW tour...there's no way those tours got away with no actual camera footage.....
Sorry Sir, But when they have to disguise footage of the Floyd performing
Careful With That Axe Eugene in sections of the Dark Side Classic Albums DVD (And make it look like they're singing Dark Side..).It doesn't look favorable! :cry:
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

I guess the footage from the mid 70s is lost or is not of a great quality, if compared to PULSE. I'd buy a pULSE dvd, even when there are only 3 of the 4 Floyds... Pulse had a nice lightshow, good sound, and is a nice view. Of course, not as enjoyable as a 70s PF show, but it's nice anyway.
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

...We want The Wall!
Now, those were the shows! When is that going to happen????

Edit: Not on this lifetime...
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

We could ask Time.Traveller if those shows were ever released as DVDs in the future... :roll: :lol:
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

I think the later concerts in 1972 would be the best candidate for a DVD. Just look at Bowl de Luna, that, in my opinion, is the difinitive pink floyd concert. An amazing asos/echoes/cwtae/stc/dsotm, and a fast paced one of these days .
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

let me remind everyone that Zeppelin released a double disc DVD set of over 5 hours of footage.......there was a performance from 1969 that looked pretty fookin' good if you ask me........there were a couple scenes in the dvd where they had to replace a few secs with photo's but over 95% of the dvd was the actual live footage and not photo cover-ups....

they ranged form 1969-1979....5 hours of footage from those 10 years...and everyone here is telling me that it can't be done for floyd because the quality will be bad and that the footage is lost??? Caaamon... if they have Zeppelin footage then they MUST have floyd footage......it's just a question of why the fook don't they wanna release all this great footage so who knows maybe it's in the works for floyd! 8)
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Tinkerbell wrote:...We want The Wall!
Now, those were the shows! When is that going to happen????

Edit: Not on this lifetime...
They are still saying that the footage has bad quality. Like if we lived in 1980 and not in 2003.
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

Well... for the Wall era shows, I guess is good old Rog who's keeping them from being released. I guess it's not a footage problem, it's just that he doesn't want to let those videos out yet.

IMO, if Dave wants to edit a PULSE DVD, it's ok for me. IMO it is a good concert with a nice light show.

I've stated before, somewhere on this forum, that my fave live era of the Floyd are the early 70s, before DSOTM. The shows were great in these times, a lot of improvisation and good performances. I'd LOVE to see a DVD with any of those shows... maybe the Montreaux 1971 show... 8)
bmet
Knife
Knife

Post by bmet »

Sir Psychedelic Soul Wrote:
they ranged form 1969-1979....5 hours of footage from those 10 years...and everyone here is telling me that it can't be done for floyd because the quality will be bad and that the footage is lost??? Caaamon... if they have Zeppelin footage then they MUST have floyd footage......it's just a question of why the fook don't they wanna release all this great footage so who knows maybe it's in the works for floyd!
I f you look at the Zeppelin DVD - you have 4 major concerts moments:
Royal Albert 1970,MSG NY 1973,Earls Court 1975 and Knebworth 1979.I believe all were filmed and/or influeanced by the members of Led Zeppelin.The Denmark '69 TV Show,The Australian Film footage from 1972
and the earlier TV appearances were a means to promote the band and may have not been controlled by the band.

We certainly have alot of Early Floyd TV stuff from Syd's Day and even
with Dave.There's the PBS-TV San Francisco material,a segment of the Floyd performing Saucerful.. at the open air festival in Europe circa 1971,
We have some film footage of the trip to Japan in 1971,we have the Superstars of Rock footage from late '72/73ish where they perform Careful... and Set the Controls.... We have home movie footage from the
Hollywood Bowl 72.All this stuff I'd love to have on one DVD.Now some of this stuff might have been set up by the Floyd personally.(The Pompeii Film-Was it all Maben's baby or not?).But I don't think the Floyd ever embarked on a plan to do anything visual from then on in.The Wall Shows
of 1980 were filmed for the movie but that is pretty much it!
The only thing I've seen from '73-'77 is crappy home movie footage of L.A. 1975 and Anahiem+A European Show from 1977.That and the Pig over Battersea Power Station footage.
Gilmour himself said prior to the '94 Earls Court show that he was disappointed the Band never filmed a performance of DSOTM in the 70's
so they rectified that in '94.It's just too bad Waters couldn't leave differences aside for one night and perform with them! :evil:
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

yah i see yer point...i'd love to see a DVD from the dark side or wish you were here era but if they don't have it then thats understandable... but they seem to have footage up until about 1971 and that would be a kewl DVD to release.....a gig from around 70 or 71......any sort of old material besides all these new dvds of old roger and dave in their late years.....they have never released a proper concert dvd of the real floyd....

it's like paul macartney releasing the dvd for the carevn club gig...except like 5 of therse types of dvd's in his old age when ppl wanna see a dvd of the beatles in action from the 60s....know what i mean? floyd has this massive reputation for intense light shows and amazing concerts but the younger people like me have never seen it...

pompeii is probably the clostes i'll ever get to see pink floyd in action in their younger years.....and it's not even a stadium show...it's just the band playing outside with no fans or light shows.......
bmet
Knife
Knife

To:Sir Psychedelic Soul

Post by bmet »

Sir Psychedelic Soul:

You sound like a young Guy!

Look at my situation.I'm 43 and, had WYWH come out in Early 1975,I may have gone to the Ivory Wynne Stadium Show in June '75.I missed that!
In 1977 Hamilton & Toronto were not on the Tour Schedule,I had no money and several of my Friends (who had money) took a bus to Cleveland to see them.I thought - I'm sure they'll be a second leg of the tour (just like '75).....Not!!!!.....Then - Good luck getting a ticket for NY & LA in '80. :cry:
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

yah im 21. i just got into floyd when i was 18...i've missed all the great floyd days...i was born the year waters left the band....i'd like to be able to witness some of thier glory days on DVD....pompeii is the closest thing i have seen so far, but i want to see an actual concert....the type that people like yer friends come back from and say "WHAT AN AMAZING GIG!! THE LIGHTS WERE F*CKIN INCREDIBLE AND THE MUSIC WAS MIND BLOWING..."...i hear that all the time but i wanna see it too ya know?