Refresh My Memory

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
bmet
Knife
Knife

Refresh My Memory

Post by bmet »

Am I right in thinking that Roger was asked by the other 3 if he would like to perform the entire DSTOM that night in October 1994 at Earls Court? :?
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Your are right,it was David Gilmour i understand who asked roger,or Roger's management whos asked him.
cat_came_back
Embryo
Embryo

Post by cat_came_back »

and it was roger who said that dave could 'go fuc* himself' :P
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

really????????????? :shock: wow....first news for me...thinking about, at the end of the pulse concert, I think dave says hi to roger?, my tape version is pretty old, i know he mentions Roger, but I can?t figure what he is exactly saying....

Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

As I remember, he thanked roger for giving them the rights to sing some of the songs that "were roger's"
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

cat_came_back wrote:and it was roger who said that dave could 'go fuc* himself' :P
Ah, so he truely did open his door to his enemies and asked could they wipe the slate clean...

Well ok, i'm sure it was vastly different from the way the song suggests, but i heard he only asked him back for the DSOTM parts rather than the whole concert. I think it would be a stunt to get more floyd fans interested and promote Dave as a great guy, i mean come on, there was never any chance Roger would say yes
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

A stunt to get more Floyd fans interested?are you having a laugh,just announcing that the Floyd are playing live is enough to get all fans interested,the fact is Gilmour is a nice guy without the need to bribe his fans.It was just a nice gesture on Gilmours part,which Roger choose not to take up,fair enough,i' sure Gilmour was just feeling very generous at the time,i mean they did play Earls court for 2 weeks,and gave the money to charity,what more do you want.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Well come on, i'm sure a lot of fans wouldn't want to see Floyd without Roger and because it's 1994 and magazines and stuff wouldn't be giving them to much coverage if Gilmour claims he asked Waters to join him then it would get publicity, even more so because Waters said 'no'
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Sorry,i just don't agree,Pink Floyd with or without Roger are one of those acts that can announce a world tour anytime and just know that they will fill huge stadiums,they don't really need magazines or press coverage to frum up support.Because of the big gaps between albums and tours people are gagging to see the Floyd.
kipnow
Axe
Axe

Post by kipnow »

David Smith wrote:Well come on, i'm sure a lot of fans wouldn't want to see Floyd without Roger and because it's 1994 and magazines and stuff wouldn't be giving them to much coverage if Gilmour claims he asked Waters to join him then it would get publicity, even more so because Waters said 'no'
If Waters would have said 'yes', then you would have got some publicity.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I think Dave was just trying to be nice knowing that Roger was there. Maybe in Dave's mind he truly thought that it would mend the fence a bit. None of us really know these people, but on the surface Dave seems to be a good guy who made a nice gesture. I've really never heard Roger say anything nice about Dave nor do I think he would've made that same gesture himself.

I never really understood why Roger even attended the show if he has so much distaste for Dave.