Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

TFC is one of my favorite albums
mnagoda
Axe
Axe

Post by mnagoda »

I do not like TFC. for me its to depressing in fact am still greatly disturbed by it. the lyrics and music is awesome but it is just way t depressng for me. i dont consider it PF becuase rick is not in it and he is essential to PF. when rger left sure th band changed but they couldnt capture the ol pf magic (sorrow and keep talking are my tw exceptions). i consider gilmur era floyd to be floud if they play the classics. but other than that i am rather dissapointed. now would i g see em if they were on your wihout roger? hell yeah. becuase deep dwon i know they can do their thiing :)
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

I think everyone at least should try it. TFC takes you deeper into your own misery than the Wall does, but also does a better job in taking you back to reality with last songs. This is of course my experience, and opinions differ: TFC to me really is an emotional journey which leaves you not so much depressed, but more resigned (I hope that's the right word in english, not sure though)...

I like it, whether or not you call it a floyd album.
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Fox-Mike wrote:or you could download it

Mean! :wink:
I would never do that! I only dload PF when I'm considering on buying an album, so I get to know some of the songs beforehand (I don't enjoy surprises, I like to have something to look forward to)
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

mnagoda wrote:I do not like TFC. for me its to depressing in fact am still greatly disturbed by it. the lyrics and music is awesome but it is just way t depressng for me. i dont consider it PF becuase rick is not in it and he is essential to PF. when rger left sure th band changed but they couldnt capture the ol pf magic (sorrow and keep talking are my tw exceptions). i consider gilmur era floyd to be floud if they play the classics.
So, the band without Roger is still Pink Floyd, but it isn't without Rick. That's a new one.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

TFC is much more Floyd than ALMOR. AMLOR is David Gilmour and people from the outside. TFC is Roger Waters, David Gilmour on guitar and Nick Mason on drums. As I said before, I like TFC more than The Wall studio.

I also like this similie -> :smt088 :smt079
Axl Rose
Axe
Axe

Post by Axl Rose »

been listening to it now non stop for 4 days... by far the best pink floyd album 8)
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

In my opinion TFC is the least Floydian album followed by The Wall.

No interest in it.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

The Wall the least Floydian????
Crazy, bars in the window !!!!
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Jack Dempsey wrote:The Wall the least Floydian????
Crazy, bars in the window !!!!

Yep.....TFC and The Wall are the least Floydian......

At least IMO...blah blah blah.

But then I was following the Floyd long before those ever came out which is why they don't sound or seem as Floydian as other releases I'd treasured prior to that "era".

Comfortably Numb is one of my favorite Floyd songs though nonetheless.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:In my opinion TFC is the least Floydian album followed by The Wall.

No interest in it.
I can understand people saying those records are less floydy to what went previous. they have shorter and less trippy songs with an orchestra to boot. Different direction sure, but it's still the floyd for me unlike the rot they put out post-roger.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

All I'll add is that if the Final Cut isnt a true Floyd album then I applaud Roger Waters for making such a great solo album under a different name!
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Yeah, well, i've heard that it's even better than his own attempts at solo albums....but then I'd have to listen to those to make my own opinion...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

If you sit down and listen to the FC, it is intense. It is one of my favorite PF albums - though my favorite period is 1968-1972. I don't care if it is a PF album or a RW album. I really like Dave's guitar playing...It really is a good album. Though I don't find much time to sit and listen as much these days. AtD is a similar album to the FC to me.
Jumer
Axe
Axe

Post by Jumer »

I like FC, although it has always seemed to me a kind of transition, half Waters, half Floyd. In some parts sounds like Roger, in others, like the Floyd.
My favourite albums are those between 68-73. Specially the two first.