Just purchased The Final Cut

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

I love it...its amazingly beautiful, and its Roger heart in music...its AMAZING!
And, the last song seems so happy, but, when it talks about the car crash...it seems so depressing...wow...I'm going to go and listen to it now!

Anyway, buy it, don't download...tha'ts not nice at all!
sydbarrett_crazydiamond
Axe
Axe

Re: Just purchased The Final Cut

Post by sydbarrett_crazydiamond »

Axl Rose wrote:being a relatively new pink floyd .. i bought the final cut today.. and i have to say on the first listen i think its the most beautiful and emotional album ive ever heard, to me its like a polished version of the wall, there are moments on the album when i completely ignore everything im doing and just focus on the words and music spoken by the genius roger waters, i really dont understand why some people think this is the worst PF album... this is without a doubt the last greatest pink floyd album.
I'm totally with you on this....that's what's so wonderful about Pink Floyd, like every album sounds different, and not to much the same sound each time like...PATGOD sounds very pyschadelic, The Wall, old rock, and however you would like to classify them all, just showing a little example. I think the Final Cut was all about how the band felt about their country in war. And he asked in the beginning "was it for this that daddy died" as I recall his dad was killed in the war when he was young. And it's pretty much like a story about how a man was affected by all that. Just look up the lyrics if you've never heard and it's like a short, sad story, but I think it's a fantastic album :)
46&2
Embryo
Embryo

Post by 46&2 »

Happy?

Better listen again...
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

decampos wrote:
Vlad The Impaler wrote:In my opinion TFC is the least Floydian album followed by The Wall.

No interest in it.
I can understand people saying those records are less floydy to what went previous. they have shorter and less trippy songs with an orchestra to boot. Different direction sure, but it's still the floyd for me unlike the rot they put out post-roger.
Have you made a point to insult post-waters PF in every Floyd related post you make?
gillis
Axe
Axe

Post by gillis »

for those who are new with pf, you don't know how lucky you are to discover the final cut. when i bought the final cut (in 83), i would listen to it for almost a year without removing it from my turn table.

by the way i consider final cut more of a roger album than a pf. tell me if i'm wrong but dave said at the time that it should have been writen roger waters on the cover.
sydbarrett_crazydiamond
Axe
Axe

Post by sydbarrett_crazydiamond »

well at least he was nice enough to include all of them instead of going solo for the album, and besides, you never hear nick or rick complaining, they weren't really ever talked about much, but they helped the band, so why can't david just accept the fact he can't write with such emotion as roger?