More

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

One of the Floyd's finest moments i do say old snapdragon....
sheer class.
Rabinnical
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Rabinnical »

i also really love listening to up the khyber
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Yeah, interesting song. They played this one live in 1968 as a part of Interstellar Overdrive and in 1969 in The Man as Doing It!, though some shows have a bit of Grand Vezier's Garden Party instead of Up The Khyber!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

The More album is great - I just had to have the Japanese $$$ gatefold cd version, for that old fashion album feel (I've bought this album, many times! - this is the one I'd take to a desert island). I like the music, I like the cover...its like I go through periods of needing more More! The instrumentals are so mellow and wonderful to close ones eyes and get lost in...And a couple of full blown rock tunes!

Laugh at my lithp, and I kill you, I thiink! :lol:

Really, you can trust us :lol:
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:More has some very good songs. I wish they played stuff like Ibiza Bar or Cirrus Minor live.
Can you imagine them playing "cirrus" live, i can't, despite the fact i love this song, seems to transport me into some lazy field out in the middle of nowhere after a few smokes in the height of an english summer, point being is the song is too short, i doubt it would move from studio to "live" very easily and there are too many other songs to be played but its a nice thought, in a perfect world maybe we would hear it !

PS, i did play this as a duo in a band i was with once, loved it !
dany
Embryo
Embryo

Post by dany »

one of the best albums
jedimasterdwyer
Axe
Axe

--

Post by jedimasterdwyer »

--
Last edited by jedimasterdwyer on Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Main Theme and Dramatic Theme are great. That's a space-music. Quicksilver is pretty scary. But the scariest similar instrumental is the bootlegged Zabriskie Point outtake entitled (Oenone or Oneone) by the bootleggers. That's scary as hell. Cold and scary.
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

Quicksilver is a backing track used for effect, it doesn't have much musical value to it. It's not a bad song, i just can't get into it as opposedto songs like cymbaline and cirrus minor.

Hehehe, oneone is a weird song, but kind of bluesy, too. I think the scariest song played live is the Violence Sequence (not the 1970-01-23 version), but the versions that have corrosion, quicksilver, and heartbeat pigmeat played with it.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

That live version of Violent Sequence is a small horror (until it reaches Us And Them). Sysyphus is also drastically scary on that bootleg. Roger's shouting is horrible.
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

Roger is doing a pict rant, like several species... i think it adds a nice touch to songs like cwtae during the late darkside of the moon premier tour, but is horrible in songs like sysphus, especially when all that's going on is crashing. Sysyphus as a whole though, played live, is nice.

I like violent sequence played with all the parts, personally. The smashing of the drums during the first part, and corrosion are played well. I just don't like quicksilver :p