Morcheeba

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Morcheeba

Post by crofloyd »

Ok, all, it's been a while since I visited forum. Right now, I'm listening to Morcheeba and it occured me how simple and easy they are. It's good to relax, lie down and just let your mind go.
My question is: Is it just a comercial kind of music or does it have an artistic value?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I quite liked ''Who Can You Trust?'', that had some interesting ideas and showed the band had potential for some good experimentation with sound but unfortunately ''Big Calm'' seemed to steer towards a more straight forward radio friendly approach and I feel they became less interesting at that point. Ive only heard the singles from subsequent releases and nothing grabbed me Im afraid. I did see them live once and they played an interesting version of Donovan's ''Season of the Witch'' which is worth tracking down. As to whether they have artistic value, well, I guess everything does to someone somewhere and is really down to the individual. If you havent heard ''Who Can You Trust?'' yet and have been enjoying what youve heard so far check that album out, for me at least its their best work and is a great artifact of the time when trip-hop roamed the earth, next stop...Portishead!