Atom Heart Mother.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Sydjones
Axe
Axe

Atom Heart Mother.

Post by Sydjones »

Has anyone else noticed that the Atom Heart Mother Suite song tabulater doesn't work? I've started writing my own. But anyway, do you like the time before Dark Side Of The Moon, or after? I like them both, but my favourite album is Meddle.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I like both of the times, but after DSOTM more, the music quality has improved since then (listen to Animals and WYWH, for example)
Uma Guma
Axe
Axe

Post by Uma Guma »

Atom Heart Mother is a vastly under-rated album :cry:
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Im not big fan of Atom Heart Mother I think its too 70s prog. lets go in space and wear teflon&mirror costumes and rock those space monsters 7 ears with our pure rock.
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Uma Guma wrote:Atom Heart Mother is a vastly under-rated album :cry:
I think that the not even the band thinks too highly of the album.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

seamusz wrote:
I think it's a very good album, without a bad song on it, it's my second best, after WYWH.
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

the song atom heart mother is realy good but it isnt realy performed by pink floyd so why is on their album?
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Devil_man_665 wrote:the song atom heart mother is realy good but it isnt realy performed by pink floyd so why is on their album?
They did play on it, didn't they, only there is an orchestra too.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Pink Floyd do play on Atom Heart Mother but barely, it's about half orchastra as far as i remember, though i haven't heard it in ages

I think APB is an awful song, given time and attention it could have been good but as it stands the best part about it's the special effetcs, and that's not something to be proud off

Summer 68 though is one of my favourite Floyd songs, such a gentle piano piece before the chorus that i would call Pink Floyd first truely succesful change in pace during a song and a sign of things to come in the field of tempo and style changing
Juan_Jose_Aiello
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Atom Heart Mother.

Post by Juan_Jose_Aiello »

Sydjones wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the Atom Heart Mother Suite song tabulater doesn't work? I've started writing my own. But anyway, do you like the time before Dark Side Of The Moon, or after? I like them both, but my favourite album is Meddle.
I didn't try AHM at guitar, but I will if you send your tablature.

Reagrding the Floydian Eras, my most favourite part is the conceptual era, the years between 1973 and 1983.

I wrote this page regarding Floydian Eras and what I think of it
http://juanjo.250free.com/PFDisc/pink_f ... tages.html

(just say NO when the page asks to install plugins, my page doesn't need them)
Enjoy
JJ
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

David Smith wrote:I think APB is an awful song, given time and attention it could have been good but as it stands the best part about it's the special effetcs, and that's not something to be proud off
I love it, it's my number 16 song, so I didn't vote on it at the list, part two, with the guitar is really good, it makes me calm 8)
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

the song atom heart mother is realy good but it isnt realy performed by pink floyd so why is on their album?

Floyd is present during all 24 minutes of the song, and the first 18 minutes of it are almost all pink floyd with a backing orchestra.

Allen's Psychedellic breakfast is one of my favorite songs. I don't like the second part of it, because it's very uninspired, but the opening piano piece and the ending piano/guitar piece are awesome. Very relaxing, with a nice beat.

Fat old sun is 5000x better played live :p
Sydjones
Axe
Axe

Post by Sydjones »

seamusz wrote:
Actually, the band likes it a lot.
Sydjones
Axe
Axe

Post by Sydjones »

Fox-Mike wrote:

Floyd is present during all 24 minutes of the song, and the first 18 minutes of it are almost all pink floyd with a backing orchestra.

Allen's Psychedellic breakfast is one of my favorite songs. I don't like the second part of it, because it's very uninspired, but the opening piano piece and the ending piano/guitar piece are awesome. Very relaxing, with a nice beat.

They even played some of the orchestra.
Sydjones
Axe
Axe

Post by Sydjones »

Fox-Mike wrote:

You ever actually make breakfast along with that song, and try to do what "Alan" is doing? Maybe I'm just weird, but it's really fun.