Another Tour

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Another Tour

Post by Jack Dempsey »

As i said before in another thread i personally don't think we will see another Floyd tour again.
I remember reading that Dave had said he had no urge to do another one.
Does anyone know any different that could make me change my way of thinking.
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Nope; sorry, lad.

Dave seems to think he's got all the time in the world...(which would also explain the babies...)
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Another Tour

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Jack Dempsey wrote: Does anyone know any different that could make me change my way of thinking.
Lots of drugs&alcohol and life seems brighter.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Another Tour

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Diin Jaffa wrote:
Jack Dempsey wrote: Does anyone know any different that could make me change my way of thinking.
Lots of drugs&alcohol and life seems brighter.
Yeah tried that many moons ago, took it's toll!!!!
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I think the Floyds touring days are over but I wouldn't be surprised if a new record surfaces in the next few years.

You just never know anything with this band and Dave is very clever when he answers questions and never shuts the door on anything. He could very easily wake one morning and decide to tour one last time. I think Rick would jump right in and might even be pushing Dave to go for it one last time. Nick on the other hand seems comfortable racing cars and going to fancy dinners with his nice lookng wife.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I don't think Dave would take the risk off another Floyd album, TDB was a satisfactory ending and he wouldn't want to be purely thought of as the man who ruined Pink Floyd
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

David Smith wrote:I don't think Dave would take the risk off another Floyd album, TDB was a satisfactory ending and he wouldn't want to be purely thought of as the man who ruined Pink Floyd
It could be a risk in the eyes of some, but I don't see it that way. I heard enough in TDB to make me think that the next record could be stellar. He's never going to satify those on the "Waters" side of the camp, but he doesn't have to anymore at least IMO.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I would personally see it as a risk because the album would be unlikely to pick up any new fans and being that most old fans are Waters fans it's probably not going to make as much profit as many of the others and with Gilmour being the dictator of Pink Floyd it would be more beneficial to his good name if he released it as a solo album rather than just another Gilmour dominated Floyd album
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

It is not going to happen......sigh. I have given up on the idea.
Syd.LSD
Blade
Blade

Post by Syd.LSD »

"Smile" is a nice song. He is still able to do smth. At least i would release it as a single.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Syd.LSD wrote:"Smile" is a nice song. He is still able to do smth. At least i would release it as a single.
Yeah i think it's a nice song, but i'd think it more suited as a Gilmour song rather than a decent Pink Floyd song, by putting the name Pink Floyd on to anything it would be a consious decision of the band to make more music and thus it would need compared to their old material and i think although Smile is a nice song if an album was made then it would definitly be looked down upon

Picture About Face or Gilmour as a Pink Floyd album; neither's to bad from what i've heard but as Pink Floyd albums they would be

IMO of course
Sophie
Embryo
Embryo

Pink Floyd in concert??

Post by Sophie »

Hey...

I don't want to give anyone false hopes... but... a friend of mine who is really into PF told me there was gonna be a PF concert in France this summer...!? Like most of you, I am in disbelief... I know one thing thouhg, if it's true, I'm going oversea this summer.... Anyway, if anybody hears anything about this *supposed PF concert* PLEASE... let me know okay? Thanks a lot guys!

Sophie :)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I would find it a bit weird that they do a concert in France as opposed to Britain...

Places do that all the time, in Germany you can buy tickets for their gigs should they eventually do one in the stadium you buy it for, just be the same as that i reckon
dany
Embryo
Embryo

Post by dany »

Until now I did not hear about any touring, but I hope they will.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Does anyone remember after Earls Court 94 the leaflets that were doing the rounds saying " The Division Bell Will Chime Again" ???????
Strange but true. My friend still has one.
Obviously a cowboy was at work