Just wondering???

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Just wondering???

Post by dswain81 »

I understand that many of you have tried the old Pink Floyd/WoOz synch. I also understand that many of you think it is stupid and there are a few others that think that it is cool. My question is this; have any of you tried any of the syncs at my website? http://syncs.freeservers.com

It is one of the better know sync-related websites out there. With that being said, it is possible that somebody here has actually tried one of my syncs and I was just wondering.

At this point in my life I do not try syncs anymore. I got burned out on them a long time ago, but I keep my site up for people who are just now "catching the sync-bug."

Anybody?? :smt035
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

I don?t think the synchs are stupid. I think they are entertaining...

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Indeed, i dont think they were intentional (but not 100% sure) but they are entertaining nonetheless. The Wizard of Oz one with dark side of the mon is good where the song money starts. It just so happens that the original film turns from black and white to colour at this point. Additionally, Dorothy is tempted by all of that stuff where her house it blown away to.

I may add that clip for download! It is quite fun. Can anybody remember if I have shared that clip before?
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

i've seen that one i think you should put the breathe part because that has more coincidences with the lyrics and the film
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

My favorite part is when she walks to different people, her aunt and uncle and the witch during the begining of time. Each time she goes to a different person the beat changes... :shock: :smt043
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

Meddler wrote:My favorite part is when she walks to different people, her aunt and uncle and the witch during the begining of time. Each time she goes to a different person the beat changes... :shock: :smt043
That is one of my favorite parts too. I also really like the tornado scene with the stuff synching in the window and the house landing at just the right time.

Have any of you been to my little synch website?
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Meddler wrote:My favorite part is when she walks to different people, her aunt and uncle and the witch during the begining of time. Each time she goes to a different person the beat changes... :shock: :smt043
Yeah!! you can feel the tension in that scene, something terrible is happening to Dorothy, and the music gives you that feeling (just like a soundtrack)....or when the witch arrives to Dorothy?s house, just as Time begins with clocks ringing, seems like the the witch is announcing herself with the ring of her bike...there are many amazing coincidences...what about at the end of the movie, when Dorothy is back at home..."home, home again..it?s good to be here...."....amazing....

Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I was on that synch site mentioned at the top of the page done by dswain81 and tried synching AMLOR with 2001 as advised and strangely it actually worked quite well. Probably a little better than Echoes did IMO, the bits with the apes were quite impressive
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

I was on that synch site mentioned at the top of the page done by dswain81 and tried synching AMLOR with 2001 as advised and strangely it actually worked quite well. Probably a little better than Echoes did IMO, the bits with the apes were quite impressive

Thanks for the positive feedback. The 2001 SO with Wish You Were Here synch is pretty good too.

Rock on!
Radish
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Radish »

Just wondering if anyone has tried The Nightmare Before Christmas with Atom Heart Mother. It only goes together with around half the album. Sorry I do not remember the exact starting point but if you look on the internet I am sure you can find it.
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

It may work, but i highly, highly doubt it was intentional. If it was, I think it would have worked a lot better with the movie, and the album would have been a lot worse as a whole.