Restoration of Battersea Power Station

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ewasserm
Axe
Axe

Restoration of Battersea Power Station

Post by ewasserm »

Supposedly this building will come back to life as a hotel. Suggested name for the restaurant-The Flying Pig. :lol:
And who cares if the next album is Floyd or Gilmour? I want to hear them playing together and the only place they've been doing that lately is at funerals.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I hope they ask Roger to open the Hotel,they could maybe even have themed rooms,The Roger Waters Room,The David Gilmour Room,etc :lol:
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

Or the funky psychadellic barret room :D
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

qjamesfloyd wrote:I hope they ask Roger to open the Hotel,they could maybe even have themed rooms,The Roger Waters Room,The David Gilmour Room,etc :lol:

I'm sure that those rooms will be located on opposite sides of the hotel :)
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Yeah,with a big Wall between them :lol:
But be carefull in The Richard Wright room,because you might get kicked out if your not doing as your told!!!.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

qjamesfloyd wrote:Yeah,with a big Wall between them :lol:
But be carefull in The Richard Wright room,because you might get kicked out if your not doing as your told!!!.
:D :D :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Restoration of Battersea Power Station

Post by simpledumbpilot »

ewasserm wrote:Supposedly this building will come back to life as a hotel. Suggested name for the restaurant-The Flying Pig. :lol:
Is this a wish thread or have you heard of any plans for restoration? It would be ace to see it restored and probably not out of the question, and if the local heritage societies (or whatever theyre called) believe they can restore this knackered old pier thats only being held together by rust along the road from me then I guess it could be possible. Id hate to see the power station get knocked down, it always brings a little smile to my face whenever I travel to London by train, and I'll never forget the cheer it used to get from Floyd fans on the train coming back from the last Earls Court shows. What say we all have a bit of a whip round :D
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Strange, I thought it was going to be turned into a multiplex cinema, or something...
...guess not :P
ewasserm
Axe
Axe

Post by ewasserm »

I kid you not :!: :
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... 20Standard

BATTERSEA POWER STATION REDEVELOPMENT: The London-based Evening Standard newspaper reported yesterday that the long-awaited redevelopment of Battersea Power Station. As mentioned previously on these news pages, developer Parkview International bought the power station, immortalised on the cover of Pink Floyd's Animals album, over ten years ago. Contracts have finally been signed for a ?750 million redevelopment. The 38 acre site is scheduled to be completed in 2008 and will include two five-star hotels with more than 1,000 rooms and conference facilities, a theatre/auditorium with up to 4,000 seats, office space and 710 flats.

The massive listed power station itself will be converted into an "entertainment, events, commercial and cultural focus for London", said Parkview owner Victor Hwang.
-- Posted 17 December 2003 ? Evening Standard --(on the Brain Damage site)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Its kind of a shame that it will be under such commercial circumstances, altho its original purpose wasnt really any different in principal, but if it means we get to keep the quad-towers then thats something at least. Hopefully they will restore it to its original look, when I passed it last week it was little more than a hollowed out shell with very little that could be considered substantial frame work, I guess we wont really know for another 5 years!
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

How bout the fletcher memorial home
ewasserm
Axe
Axe

Post by ewasserm »

Hey, we'll always have the Animals cover. Everyone will always know how it looked. :)