The Right to call the band:"THE FLOYD"

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
bmet
Knife
Knife

The Right to call the band:"THE FLOYD"

Post by bmet »

Hey! It's been a while since I've visited ....so I thought I just pop in to wish everyone all the best in the New Year....and I really think 2004 will be THE YEAR of the Floyd Re-forming with Roger!!!!........[(a few moments of silence followed by a gagging sarcastic-like cough) :lol:]

Here's a humorous question to ponder.Please don't take it too seriously!
I think an individual has to be a true fan of the band and have a sizeable
collection of the band's album(s)/CD's before he/she can call the band:
"THE FLOYD"
I can remember infuriating my friends in the 70's when I said you're not a true fan of a band unless you have all their albums.Some of them got quite peeved at the very idea I would say that!
I been thinking lately that every Band of that era had a shortened nickname that only the devoted ones identified with.(ie Zep or Zeppelin,Purple,Sabbath,Heep,and "The Floyd"...which,I think, is the
best of them all.

So what do you think? Should the nickname be reserved only for the truely devoted? :roll:
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

nah..that's silly....nicknames are just shorter versions of a bands name and thats why people use them......

that's like saying i just became friends with a guy named Michael and i can't call him Mike until i have been friends with him for years and really know him very well.....know what i mean? it's just short form and that's all it should be taken for.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:nah..that's silly....nicknames are just shorter versions of a bands name and thats why people use them......

that's like saying i just became friends with a guy named Michael and i can't call him Mike until i have been friends with him for years and really know him very well.....know what i mean? it's just short form and that's all it should be taken for.
What he said.

Also, saying you have to own all a band's albums to be a true fan of theirs is ridiculous. What if you're a fan of Frank Zappa?
bmet
Knife
Knife

Post by bmet »

Useful Idiot wrote:
Also, saying you have to own all a band's albums to be a true fan of theirs is ridiculous. What if you're a fan of Frank Zappa?
Actually,I have quite a sizeable amount of Frank Zappa CD's - perhaps at least 2/3 of his work.I don't know if I would consider myself a true fan.
I also don't listen to him as frequently as I do "The Floyd".

I now think this was a bad topic...I apologize and I'll try in 2004 to think of better ones!
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

you're raving lunitic!
bmet
Knife
Knife

Post by bmet »

Devil_man_665wrote:
you're raving lunitic!
And I'm On The Grass!!!!!! :lol:
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

that makes me think...

Brain damage is about SYD!!!

:roll: dont know how i didnt relise before
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

oops..
just a sec
...forgot to turn my brain off

there.

Hey bmet. That's a good point you have there. We should always reserve free speech for those who have earned the right to speek freely. Also, bumper stickers should be issued. (Thanks Neil. Finally figured out what that meant.) :shock: