Any other recording artists on the list?

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Any other recording artists on the list?

Post by db_intheflesh »

Hi all

Been registered for a while but not really introduced myself. I'm David, 19, studying Maths at Glasgow Uni. Been into Floyd in a big way for the last year or so, since I got my dad the Gilmour DVD last Christmas. I think it was a good few months before he even saw it again, thanks to me having it!

For the last couple of years I have been working on my own covers of some of my favourite songs. My latest effort includes 4 Floyd tracks, which I think I put more effort into than I did the rest of the album!

I'm also half way through recording an album of original material. Anyone else out there who records at all? Some other forums I'm on have full areas just for fan-covers!

Cheers for now
David
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I was in a bad until we split the other day due to creative differences between me and the singer. He likes Oasis I like proper music!! Oh well.

I also record my own songs which are not too good at the minute. I am recording an album with my friend Rob so will share that with everybody in a few months!! :-)

Share some of your music with us!!
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Hello and welcome.

I'm also recording music with my friend - it's just two guitars and some keyboards here and there. We write our own songs. In December, we finished our album that took a year because he's in France at school and comes home only for about a week once per two months. I think we're getting better. I once had an mp3 of our song on the net but the provider deleted it somehow. I'll find a better provider and share our music.
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Well Floyd tracks I've covered are:

Coming Back To Life (5:11)
Is There Anybody Out There / Shine On You Crazy Diamond (18:04)
Comfortably Numb (7:35)

I'm in the process of uploading CN (at an excruciatingly slow rate!). I can always upload the other two if there's interest. I'm always looking for feedback, good or bad!!

With regards bands, I was in one just before I started uni for a few months, and we were lucky enough to share the same tastes in music, but our drummer kinda lost interest in it, and the whole thing fell apart. Shame, cos I love playing with people.

Cheers
David
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

db_intheflesh wrote:Is There Anybody Out There / Shine On You Crazy Diamond (18:04)
Interesting idea. Looking forward to hear your stuff. The only Floyd cover I've ever done was Careful With That Axe, Eugene/Celestial Voices. Guitar-less, I played the little percussion and bass on a keyboard. Then I played the organ solo and segued the song into the organ part of Celestial Voices as a kind of contrast. Worked nice.

Meanwhile, I uploaded one of my tracks on a thread in the General Discussion forum.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Hi welcome,

I play a few instruments, not in a band, though.
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

That's me upped CN to http://www.enigmatism.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/me/cnumb.mp3 for your listening pleasure. Please don't be afraid to let me know what you think!

Re ITAOT/SOYCD, the arrangements I've used for them are pretty different from the originals in a lot of places. ITAOT has about 15 tracks of backing vocals, and I use a weird guitar patch I wrote (similar to what DG uses on the In Concert DVD for SOYCD) for the last part of ITAOT into the first solo of SOYCD. It runs from the sax solo (which isn't sax any more!) into an improvised keyboard-played-on-the-guitar solo. Not having a keyboard at home, I skipped out any keyboard based sections, and probably the last 5-6 minutes of Parts 5-9. It's different, anyway!

I've started downloading your track, FSD (as you might have guessed I'm an abbreviation-oholic!), but it's going really slow. Don't know what's up with my connection tonight.

Anyway, enjoy :)
David
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

I started downloading yours, I have only a 33kbps modem, so it'd take me at least one hour.
IainS
Blade
Blade

Post by IainS »

Yeah, I have my own little project studio and a few tracks for you to listen to here.
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:I started downloading yours, I have only a 33kbps modem, so it'd take me at least one hour.
WOW! i didnt even know those existed anymore, how do you cope?

(take this lightly :D)
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

It was a gift about a year ago. I have a problem that I don't own the house in which my flat is, so making a cable connection is impossible. I might buy 56kbps modem and enjoy a fast drive :lol: !
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

I can't download anything! It has less than 1kbps speed. I don't know what's with my f*** up modem. I'll try later. So far I got about 1,20 mega.
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

Here is my webpage with mp3s of several song that I wrote and later recorded on my computer by myself. The results vary, but I think there are some interesting tunes in there.

http://davidswainmusic.freeservers.com/index.html

Rock on!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I currently record at home using only an Ibanez guitar and my Yamaha keyboard to supply bass, drums and other sounds. I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks V2.0 on my PC.

I have a bunch of old material that I recorded on analogue four track cassette which I am still trying to find time to re-record and spice up a bit. I say that I am trying to find time because my primary projects right now are:

1. An album's worth of new material (the first all new songs that I've written in something like eight years.)

2. A cover of The Wall in it's entriety (this is what I work on when I'm feeling stuck for my own material and just want to fiddle around and learn more about what I'm using.)

3. A two-disc concept album of my own for which the music is pretty much composed...I just need to start on the lyrics now.

I don't have any of my stuff posted anywhere on the internet yet. I guess if you want to hear any of my stuff bad enough, e-mail me and I can post some of it to you.
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

It's quite a relief to see there are others like me out there! :)

Sounds like quite a bit you've got going on there mosespa. Make sure to let us know when you put anything online!

Funny you say about covering The Wall - that was the first full Floyd album I listened to (ages ago, before I really got into them), and it became a goal to perform it in its entirety (to an audience, I guess). As things moved on, the ambition has moved to DSOTM and WYWH - either or both! If only I had a band..... :?

I've not had a chance to check out any of the links posted yet. Been busy studying, and took a day off from it today to get a solid day's recording done. Nearly completed a whole track, so it was worth it!

David