house of the rising sun?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
supersky
Embryo
Embryo

house of the rising sun?

Post by supersky »

i have just downloaded a song called "the house of the rising sun", winmx said that it's a pink floyd version, but i'm not sure about it. do you know anything about it?
cheers
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I dont think the Floyd did any covers to be honest. Also, your post is more orientated to the "Pink Floyd" forum rather than the "News and Information" forum so your post has been moved. :-)
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

This cover was recorded back in 1969 by a Detroit heavy metal band called Frijid Pink. I quite liked it at the time, although I haven't heard it in years.
Syd.LSD
Blade
Blade

Post by Syd.LSD »

Granchester Meadows is a cover.
The original song is my some band called SOMETHING LIKE "Prenumsquolar" or whatever...
atomaxe
Axe
Axe

Post by atomaxe »

Syd.LSD wrote:Granchester Meadows is a cover.
The original song is my some band called SOMETHING LIKE "Prenumsquolar" or whatever...
i've never heard of this, as far as i know ,'granchester meadows' was written by roger and was first performed as daybreak, the first part of 'the man and the journey' by the floyd as 'the massed gadgets of auximinies'.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Syd.LSD wrote:Granchester Meadows is a cover.

This I seriously doubt.....

The titles may be the same however....

Can't copyright those.
emiemi2375
Knife
Knife

Post by emiemi2375 »

umm.. sorry for stating the obvious if this is obvious but house of the rising sun was by the animals. jimi hendrix also did something billed under the same name,
sproglet
Axe
Axe

Post by sproglet »

First song I learned to play on the guitar, lovely tune.
Fox-Mike
Blade
Blade

Post by Fox-Mike »

i've never heard of this, as far as i know ,'granchester meadows' was written by roger and was first performed as daybreak, the first part of 'the man and the journey' by the floyd as 'the massed gadgets of auximinies'.

And under its Album title on April 22, 29, and May 1st 1970.
supersky
Embryo
Embryo

Post by supersky »

to emiemi: the animals' version of "the house of the rising sun" is not the first... i have also much older versions of this song.
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

House of the Rising Sun was by the Animals by that was a cover. It's a really old song with many different versions. It's kind of like a folk song. I have the Animals album with it(House of the Rising Sun).
nightmare
Blade
Blade

Post by nightmare »

i don't trust peer to peers too much when it comes to name. for instance i downloaded a song that was classifed as the doors - the end(live) only to find out that isn't a doors song but a song from some band whose name i don't know how to pronounce so don't take it seriously
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

as anyone heared of a cover by the floyd well when i say a cover i mean combined effort or a guest apperence with led zeplin cos ive got a recording which is supposed to be floyd with zep ????
av a butchers :)................
i was going to put a link on here of this tune but i can't find it on my comp??????.but at the end of the tune there are some voices saying thank you and it sounds like dave g .
i wonder where thats got to????????????????????????????????????
Last edited by jonesy on Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

No Floyd-Zep cooperation exists. The only song covered by Floyd and recorded is I'm A King Bee, originally by some of Syd's blues heroes.
jcipl
Embryo
Embryo

Dylan and PF

Post by jcipl »

Have you heard Bob Dylan's version of the song? This was the first contact with real music I remember. PF came next, after Dylan ... But I don't like the cover of LIke a Rolling Stone they did