Covers?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David »

dgsyd1 wrote:"Lucy Leave" is a Syd original, although it does bear more than a passing resemblance to "Gloria" by Them. Great singing from Syd, as well as some fine guitar playing from Bob Klose.
Yeah I learned about this too late heh
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Apart from Wyclef, has anyone copied a pink floyd song.

I've also heard a dance version of ABITW part 2 , i also heard another cover of it called "Another cock with no balls" by an awful band named The Bloodhound gang. Total crap.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

The Bloodhound Gang

Post by Stiggs »

The Bloodhound Gang for those of you who don't know who they are is a group from here in the US whose sole purpose is not to make music, but be really stupidly funny. Allow me to take a quote from their music:
"You're pretty when I'm drunk/You're pretty when I'm drunk/You're pretty when I'm drunk/You're pretty when I'm drunk/You're pretty when I'm drunk/You're pretty when I'm drunk/And I'm pretty f*cking drunk"
Or their first big US hit "You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel."
Just thought I'd put that in there
Embryo
Embryo

Alice in Chains did Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

It wasn't Alice In Chains.....it was a guy from Alice In Chains along with a few other people under the name Class Of '99.....it was on the soundtrack of a movie called The Faculty
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

David Smith wrote
[/quote]Apart from Wyclef, has anyone copied a pink floyd song.

It would probably be easier to list groups who havent copied pink floyd songs. Here's a couple to go on with

Radiohead have covered Wish you were here
The flaming lips have covered Brain damage and Syds Opal
Some girl duo, one of which was a page 3 girl covered Welcome to the machine (or was it have a cigar - I am old and prone to memory lapses) back in 1977. And I reciently heard a cover of Welcome to the machine in a rap/metal fashion.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

As you can tell from that last post it was the first (and probabally the last) time Ive used the Quote button.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I have had a play it should have looked like this.

David Smith Wrote
Apart from Wyclef, has anyone copied a pink floyd song.

It would probably be easier to list groups who havent copied pink floyd songs. Here's a couple to go on with

Radiohead have covered Wish you were here
The flaming lips have covered Brain damage and Syds Opal
Some girl duo, one of which was a page 3 girl covered Welcome to the machine (or was it have a cigar - I am old and prone to memory lapses) back in 1977. And I reciently heard a cover of Welcome to the machine in a rap/metal fashion.
Embryo
Embryo

FloydNZ wrote:It wasn't Alice In Chains.....it was a guy from Alice In Chains along with a few other people under the name Class Of '99.....it was on the soundtrack of a movie called The Faculty
oh sorry, I have seen the film. And the guys name is Layne Stanley, he is dead though
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

i found a pink floyd live cover of Beethovens 9th symphony :lol:
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Comfortably_Floyd wrote:i found a pink floyd live cover of Beethovens 9th symphony :lol:
:shock: Serious??? :shock:
Is it Shine On???? :lol:
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Radiohead never covered WYWH. That's Sparklehorse. Radiohead's Thom Yorke has a small vocal part on it though.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Dream theater covered hey you, those guys on the Italian Job soundtrack did money, and i think Shadows Fall did a cover of welcome to the machine.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

Kingbee is an old blues song by Slim Harpo. It was covered by Pink Floyd in 1966.
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

Can anyone find Syd's quote on bands covering other peoples songs? (along the line that it was a good thing - the article I saw it in went on to say re solo recordings ...he never did himself)